Approval for international travel streamlined

The approval process for international travel has now been incorporated into the travel expense process for your convenience.

Per UWM’s international travel policy, employee and student university-sponsored international travel to countries at or above a level 3 warning by either the CDC or Department of State requires Risk Management and Center for International Education approval. The Travel and Miscellaneous Expense Authorization (TMEA) form is to be used for this approval.

The approval process requires travelers to submit (1) a travel risk assessment form found in Appendix A of the policy, and (2) a letter of support from your dean/chair/director, or for students from your relevant academic unit.

The travel risk assessment form and letter of support has now been incorporated into the TMEA process. When selecting “Foreign Travel” under Expense Type, the TMEA form will populate the travel risk assessment questions. The TMEA approvers will represent your letter of support through the approval process. This feature meets all the elements of Appendix A Travel Risk Assessment form and will expedite the processing of your requests. When using TMEA, no additional forms/letters are needed.

Please contact with any questions pertaining to this policy.

Top Stories