Empowering girls in grades 5-12 to learn about computer science and how to write computer code while making connections with other girls who also think creatively. Led by female computer science faculty and college students in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Classes are free, though donations are welcome for food, supplies, t-shirts and instructors.
Registration for Spring 2022 is now closed.
All classes for spring 2022 will be held online via Zoom, with real-time instructors and assistance.
- The classes are open to students from 5th to 12th grade.
- All classes are held Friday nights from 6 to 8 pm.
- The session will run for 10 weeks, beginning February 4 and ending on April 22, with two breaks on March 18 and 25
Three classes are offered:
- Level 1: Introduction to Python programming. This section is ideal for those with little or no coding experience.
- Level 2: Intermediate Python. This class is suitable for GWC returning students who have completed our level 1 class or students with basic programming knowledge.
- Programming with Unity: An introduction to code and develop a game. This class is a good fit for students interested in game design, and a little coding experience is required. To be qualified for taking this class, the students must have some prior programming experience. A PC or laptop is required for this class because Chromebook is not compatible with Unity.
If you are interested in enrolling in Fall 2022 classes, please submit the information below.
Girls Who Code Interest Fall 2022We'll contact you when registration for the next session opens.
Girls Who Code classes are usually held in spring and fall during the school year on Friday nights from 6-8 pm.
Questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org