- Assistant Professor, Biomedical Engineering
- Advisor, UWM Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES)
In Mechanobiology and Vascular Biomechanics Lab, Dr. Dabagh’s group seek to develop innovative precision strategies for diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of cancer patients and patients suffering from main vascular diseases. The group develops sophisticated multiscale, personalized computational models to discover fundamental molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying the diseases progression. Empowering multiscale models of full organ and arterial tree enable them to study the influence of local diseases on global human health.
- Research Associate, Duke University
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Lappeenranta University of Technology
- PhD, Lappeenranta University of Technology
- MSC, Sharif University of Technology
- BSC, Sharif University of Technology
- Biological Machines
- Cell biophysics
- Simulation and modeling
- Vascular biomechanics
- Cerebro/Cardio-vascular diseases
- Large-scale biomedical models
- High-performance computing
- Dabagh M, Gounley J, Randles A. Localization of Rolling and Firm-Adhesive Interactions between Tumor Cells and Endothelium in Microvasculature.Cellular and Molecular Bioengineering 2020; 13,141–154. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12195-020-00610-7.
- Wakhloo A Dabagh M, Gupta V, J Macho, Randles A, Kan P. Balloon-Mounted Stents for Treatment of Refractory Wall Malapposition in Flow Diverters. operative neurosurgery 2019; opz297. https://doi.org/10.1093/ons/opz297
- Dabagh M, Nair P, Gounley J, Frakes D, Gonzalez F, Randles A. Hemodynamic and morphological characteristics of patient-specific growing cerebral aneurysm. Neurosurgical Focus2019; 47: E13.
- Dabagh M, Randles A. Role of Deformable Cancer Cells on Wall Shear Stress-Associated-VEGF Secretion by Endothelium in Microvasculature.PLOS ONE 2019; 14: e0211418.
- Dabagh M, Rafat M, Heller M, Rabinov JD, Stone HA, Randles A, Auguste DT. Impact of diversity of morphological characteristics and Re on local hemodynamics in basilar aneurysms.AIChE 2018; 64: 2792- 2802.
- Dabagh M, Jalali P, Butler PJ, Randles A, Tarbell JM. Mechanotransmission in endothelial cells subjected to oscillatory and multidirectional shear flow.Journal of the Royal Society Interface, 2017; 14: 20170185.
- Hajiali Z, Dabagh M, Nebusschere N, De Beule M, Jalali P. Analyses of tissue prolapse and stresses in stented coronary arteries: The multi-layer model for atherosclerotic plaque. Computers in Biology and Medicine, 2015; 66:39-46.
- Dabagh M, Vasava P, Jalali P. Impact of the severity and location of the stenosis on the hemodynamics of human aorta.Medical & Biological Engineering & Computing, 2015; 53:463–476.
- Dabagh M, Jalali P, Butler PJ, Tarbell JM. Shear-Induced force transmission in a multicomponent, multicell model of the endothelium.Journal of the Royal Society Interface, 2014; 11.
- Hajiali Z,Dabagh M, Jalali P. A computational model to assess post-stenting wall stresses dependence on plaque structure and stenosis severity in coronary artery. Mathematical Problems in Engineering, 2014; Article ID 937039: 1-12.
- Four students working with Dr. Dabagh presented their work at the 2021 UWM Undergraduate Research Symposium: https://sites.uwm.edu/undergrad-research-symposium-2021/category/mentor/mahsa-dabagh/
- One of four students, Madison Rose Schillinger, won “Outstanding Presentation Award” in this symposium.
- Three students working with Dr. Dabagh were selected as the finalists for College of Engineering and Applied Science (CEAS) 2021 Student Research Poster Competition.
- Morgan Suzanne Connaughton won third place in CEAS 2021 Undergraduate Research Poster Competition Award.
Awards, Honors and Societies
- 2021 Dr. Dabagh joins International Journal of Biosensors & Bioelectronics as Associate Editor (https://medcraveonline.com/IJBSBE/editorial-board)
- 2021 Dr. Dabagh joins the topics board editors of the journal Applied Sciences (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/applsci/topic_editors.
- 2018 Recognized reviewer of Microvascular Research (Elsevier)
- 2017 Late Breaking Science Abstract, CNS
- 2017 Recognized reviewer of Journal of the Royal Society Interface
- 2016 Recognized reviewer of Journal of the Royal Society Interface
- 2010- Member, Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES)
- 2019- Advisor, UWM student chapter, Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES)
- Peer Reviews:
- Scientific Reports-Nature, J Royal Society Interface, PLOS ONE, Biomeh Model Mechanobiol, J Biomech, Proc. Royal Soc A, Cellu Mole Bioeng, Compu Biology& Medicine, Advances in Mathematical Physics, Transport in Porous Media, Medical Devices and Sensors
- Biomedical Engineering Society Annual Meeting (BMES)
- Summer Biomechanics, Bioengineering, and Biotransport Conference (SB3C)