2022-23 Kindergarten Supply List
Apply for 2022-23 Kindergarten here
IF YOUR CHILD WILL BE 4 YEARS OLD ON OR BEFORE SEPTEMBER 1, 2022, THEY ARE ELIGIBLE FOR OUR 2022-23 KINDERGARTEN PROGRAM.
The UWM Children’s Learning Center offers all‑day 4- & 5-year-old kindergarten. Ours is a full-day (7:00 a.m.– 6:00 p.m.) program; our private kindergarten gives families the opportunity for an extended-day kindergarten program not affiliated with a public school. The Fox Room and Owl Room operate as a full-day (7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.) program.
We use a developmentally based curriculum and work closely with area schools to help children be well prepared to enter first grade. (Please note that children need to be 6 years old on or before September 1 to enter first grade in the public schools.)
Our kindergarten program features:
- A seamless full-day schedule – children are in the same classroom with the same teachers so no need to have a before- or after-school plan.
- A low staff-to-child ratio of 1:8.
- A challenging, hands-on, active learning curriculum that includes play-based learning and open-ended activities that promote the divergent and critical thinking skills children need for later school success.
- A longer day offering time for a wide variety of activities and more occasions for quality interactions with teachers and peers.
- A multi-aged, two-year program with both four-year-old and five-year-old kindergarten in one classroom.
- Reading and Writing Workshop with specific goals and materials for K4 and K5 children.
- Math Workshop that blends structured experiences with real materials and open-ended math exploration.
- Daily outdoor experiences on our beautiful playgrounds.
- Daily indoor large motor experiences in two different gyms.
- Time every day for cooperative play that builds social competence and self-regulation skills.
Applications for kindergarten are still being accepted. Priority for the kindergarten program is given first to the 4K children currently enrolled in our Kindergarten program, then to children of families currently enrolled in preschool in the Children’s Learning Center, then to new applicants.