July 29–August 2, 2019
Learn new techniques. Elevate your dance practice. Enroll in the Peck School of the Arts debut High School Summer Dance Intensive.
This week-long workshop is led by dance professors whose portfolios range from Cirque du Soleil to Switzerland, Beijing to the Milwaukee Ballet. High school students will work with acclaimed dance educators in daily workshops to prepare for college auditions, performance competitions and build esprit de corps among emerging dance artists.
Details and Faculty
- Assistant professor Daniel Burkholder – somatic practice and Feldenkrais workshops
- Visiting assistant professor Mair Culbreth – improvisation workshop
- Associate lecturer Gina Laurenzi – jazz and repertory workshops
- Lisa Moberly – pilates workshop
- Kaley Pruitt – contemporary practice workshop
Career exploration sessions include interviews with dance and performing arts leaders in the community, professional headshots, plus how-to sessions focused on applying to college and crafting a resume.
This exciting week concludes with a dress rehearsal performance from the internationally acclaimed, Milwaukee-founded Ko-Thi Dance Company and a farewell party for dancers and faculty.
For more details view the 2019 Summer Dance Intensive Schedule.
Tuition and Housing
- $350 tuition includes lunches, snacks and professional headshots.
- Priority enrollment deadline is June 30. Late enrollment is possible through July 26 for an additional $50.
- University housing is available for four nights/five days for $122.