What if I can’t find someone to co-sign my lease?

You have a couple of options:

  1. Find a roommate that has an established rental history
  2. Work with the Financial Aid office to provide proof of ability to pay rent that you can show to your landlord. We strongly discourage any tenant from paying rent in advance as it is unlikely you would be able to recoup any of the advance monthly rent if your circumstances change or an emergency event (like a house fire) happens.
  3. You can offer to pay double the security deposit. This is refundable at the end of your lease as long as there are no damages beyond normal wear and tear.
  4. Live in University Housing residence halls