The ultimate goal of the Military & Veterans Resource Center (MAVRC) is to support military and veteran students throughout their education programs and assist with successful transitions into their planned careers. MAVRC works to implement career services programming that is relevant and based on UWM student veteran needs.
Resume and Career Planning Assistance
Collaborating with MAVRC staff to provide resume and career planning assistance to military and student veterans is Sherri Pfennig, Assistant Director of Counseling for the Career Planning and Resource Center. Sherri is available to help you with resumes and career planning. Through the exploration of skills, values, and interests, she will guide you through the process of matching those with potential majors and careers.
MAVRC Career Services Library
Already have a Handshake account? Log in here!
Handshake is UWM’s comprehensive employment platform and allows you to:
- View and apply for on-campus and off-campus jobs and internships
- Register for career fairs and other career-related events
- Post-career-related questions for employers to answer
- Receive updates from the Career Planning and Resource Center
- Create job search alerts to be notified when new positions are posted