Every year, the History Department’s Awards Committee has the pleasure to review the records and accomplishments of the many undergraduate and graduate students who are such a vital presence in the department. It is with great pleasure that the Committee announces the winners of this year’s awards. Congratulations to all the recipients!
Undergraduate Student Awards
- Ahmad Family Scholarship: Paul Newcomb, to a meritorious declared History major, preference for student who started at UWM as a freshman.
- T. Brown Award for History Undergraduates: Nadia Tabit, to a meritorious declared History major.
- David Hoeveler Merit Scholarship: Stephen Drena, to a meritorious declared History major of at least junior standing. In addition, current holder Lucy Harperis renewed for a second year of support.
Graduate Student Awards
- David and Diane Buck Dissertation Fellowship: Samuel Cocar, to assist in research and writing of a dissertation.
- Frederick I. Olson Scholarship: Keziah Bland, to a meritorious graduate student, Wisconsin resident.
- Theodore Saloutos Award for PhD Dissertation Research in American History: Patrick Hall.
In this difficult period for our students, staff, and the university, we are especially thankful to those who have endowed these awards to support our students.