Declare a Minor in Geography or GIS

You can declare a minor in Geography or GIS right away at UWM. In fact, it’s best to declare your minor as soon as possible to take advantage of Geography advising to plan the best sequence of courses.

Declaration Process

  • First, fill out and submit the Declaration of Minor Form »
  • Download an unofficial transcript. To do so:
    • Log in to PAWS
    • Under the yellow Academics header, click in the drop down menu and select Transcript: View Unofficial, then click the yellow arrow button
    • Select the Undergraduate or Graduate Transcript and default Output Destination Type (email), then click the Submit Transcript Request button
    • A PDF copy will be delivered to your UWM Email Address immediately
  • Request a meeting with a Geography advisor (see below).
  • You will receive confirmation documents by email.
  • You will also be put on the “geog-majors” e-mail list, to receive information about scholarships, internships, Geography classes and other program information.

Further advising: After you have declared your Geography minor or GIS minor, for more advising about track requirements, fieldwork, internships, etc., please contact:

Geography Advisors:

Advising office hours: No drop-in hours at this time.
Please e-mail for a meeting.