UWM Announces Plans to Close Washington County Campus
Following a directive from the Universities of Wisconsin, UWM will close the UWM at Washington County campus, with a goal of completing the process by June 30, 2024.

Welcome to the College of General Studies Transfer Center.

This page is for those students who are starting their education at UWM at Washington County or UWM at Waukesha and want to get a bachelor’s degreeRead on for more information! 

Transfer to UW-Milwaukee, Main Campus

You’re already a Panther, so it will be easy for you to transfer to our Milwaukee location! Just review the outlined steps below. 

  • Submit the Internal Transfer Form the semester before you intend to transfer. Students will need to login to this form using their ePantherID and password.  
  • Want to start in the fall semester (September)? The form is available starting a year prior from September to August.  
  • Want to start in the spring semester (January)? The form is available starting May through December. 
  • Utilize the Internal Transfer Lookup to see how your credits will transfer from one UWM campus location to the other. 

Branch campus students under 21 transferring to the Milwaukee campus will automatically be granted a Housing contract 1-2 weeks after admission. Students will receive an email once given a contract. If you’re over 21 and want to live in university housing, or it’s been 2 weeks after your admission and you have not received an email with contract access, fill out this form.

If you‘re still exploring if UW-Milwaukee is right for you and want to speak with a representative from a specific school or college prior to applying, use this list: 

ArchitectureTammy Taylor414-229-4015ttaylor@uwm.edu
Peck School of the ArtsLori Sieckert414-229-4763sieckert@uwm.edu
BusinessStudent Services414-229-5271Students should upload unofficial transcripts here.
EducationMichaela Kaiser414-229-3059kaisermr@uwm.edu
EngineeringContact Advisor based on alpha assignment:414-229-4667
A-GSharon Kaempferkaempfer@uwm.edu
H-PTina Currentcurrentt@uwm.edu
Q-ZJennie Klumppklumpp@uwm.edu
Freshwater SciencesAaron Thiel414-382-1700thiela@uwm.edu
Biomedical Sciences & Health Care AdministrationContact Advisor based on major:414-229-2758uwmchps@uwm.edu
Rehabilitation Sciences & TechnologyContact advisor based on major:414-229-5047uwmchps@uwm.edu
Informational StudiesAny advisor will work with transfer students.414-229-4707soisinfo@uwm.edu
NursingStudents with general nursing questions:
Matt Halloran
Students needing credit evaluations: email transcripts then call to make an appointment with an advisor.414-229-5047uwmnurse@uwm.edu
L&SRachel Stern414-229-7711let-sci@uwm.edu
L&S Transfer Student Page
Social WelfareKate Masshardt can help transfer students via email.masshard@uwm.eduStudents should use this link to get unofficial credit evaluation.
Public HealthKelsi Faust414-229-5007meyer378@uwm.edu
UndecidedJoel, Haroon, Itzel414-229-2222undergraduateadmissions@uwm.edu

Unsure Which UWM Campus To Attend?

Did you apply to a UWM campus but want to switch to a different UWM campus? If it’s before classes have started for the semester, you can make a campus change request. Just complete the short form herePlease note that if you were denied admission to the UW-Milwaukee campus, this form will not be processed. 

Are you planning to transfer to a UWM campus after already attending classes at another UWM location? Apply to transfer the semester before. If you‘re currently enrolled at UWM at Washington County or UWM at Waukesha as a degree-seeking student and wish to transfer to the Milwaukee campus for the following term, complete the Internal Transfer Form. Only complete this form the semester before you intend to transfer. During peak times, you may expect to wait 4-6 weeks for a decision.

If you have any questions about this form, the college transfer process, or your transfer credits, contact your advisor.

Transfer to Another UW System School

UW System Guaranteed Transfer program 

Check out Transferology to see how your current credits will transfer to your next institution, you can look at University of Wisconsin System School, Wisconsin Technical Colleges, and Tribal College systems. 

Transfer to a School Outside the UW System

If you’re interested in transferring to a school not featured here, reach out to that school’s admissions office directly. 


UWM at Washington County

UWM at Waukesha