Welcome to the College of General Studies Transfer Center! This page is for those students who are starting their education at UWM at Washington County or UWM at Waukesha and want to get a bachelor’s degreeRead on for more information! 

Transfer to UW-Milwaukee, Main Campus

You’re already a Panther, so it will be easy for you to transfer to our Milwaukee location! Just review the outlined steps below. 

  • Submit the Internal Transfer Form the semester before you intend to transfer. Students will need to login to this form using their ePantherID and password.  
  • Want to start in the fall semester (September)? The form is available starting a year prior from September to August.  
  • Want to start in the spring semester (January)? The form is available starting May through December. 
  • Utilize the Internal Transfer Lookup to see how your credits will transfer from one UWM campus location to the other. 
  • Once you’re admitted, you can reach out to an Academic Advisor in your school or college here 

Branch campus students under 21 transferring to the Milwaukee campus will automatically be granted a Housing contract 1-2 weeks after admission. Students will receive an email once given a contract. If you’re over 21 and want to live in university housing, or it’s been 2 weeks after your admission and you have not received an email with contract access, fill out this form.

If you‘re still exploring if UW-Milwaukee is right for you and want to speak with a representative from a specific school or college prior to applying, use this list: 

Architecture Tammy Taylor 414-229-4015 ttaylor@uwm.edu
Peck School of the Arts Lori Sieckert 414-229-4763 sieckert@uwm.edu
Business Emilee Schultz 414-229-5403 Students should upload unofficial transcripts here.
Education Michaela Kaiser 414-229-3059 kaisermr@uwm.edu
Engineering Contact Advisor based on alpha assignment: 414-229-4667
A-G Sharon Kaempfer kaempfer@uwm.edu
H-P Tina Current currentt@uwm.edu
Q-Z Jennie Klumpp klumpp@uwm.edu
Freshwater Sciences Aaron Thiel 414-382-1700 thiela@uwm.edu
Health Sciences Contact Advisor based on major: 414-229-2758
Biomedical Sciences Bill Mueller muellew@uwm.edu
Nutritional Sciences & Kinesiology Torry Rufer tjrufer@uwm.edu
Health Care Administration Angela Kowalski angelak@uwm.edu
Occupational, Comm Aggie Northrup witowski@uwm.edu
Informational Studies Any advisor will work with transfer students. 414-229-4707 soisinfo@uwm.edu
Nursing Students with general nursing questions:
Matt Halloran
414-229-5047 hallora5@uwm.edu
Students needing credit evaluations: email transcripts then call to make an appointment with an advisor. 414-229-5047 uwmnurse@uwm.edu
L&S Rachel Stern 414-229-7711 let-sci@uwm.edu

L&S Transfer Student Page

Social Welfare Kate Masshardt can help transfer students via email. masshard@uwm.edu Student should use this link to get unofficial credit evaluation.
Public Health Tiffany Martin 414-229-5008 marti656@uwm.edu
Undecided Erica, Joel, Tawney 414-229-2222 UndergraduateAdmissions@uwm.edu

Unsure Which UWM Campus To Attend? 

Did you apply to a UWM campus but want to switch to a different UWM campus? If it’s before classes have started for the semester, you can make a campus change request. Just complete the short form here. Please note that if you were denied admission to the UW-Milwaukee campus, this form will not be processed. 

Are you planning to transfer to a UWM campus after already attending classes at another UWM locationApply to transfer the semester before. If you‘re currently enrolled at UWM at Washington County or UWM at Waukesha as a degree-seeking student and wish to transfer to the Milwaukee campus for the following term, complete the Internal Transfer Form. Only complete this form the semester before you intend to transfer. During peak times, you may expect to wait 4-6 weeks for a decision.

If you have any questions about this form, the transfer process, or your transfer credits, contact your advisor.

Transfer to Another UW System School 

UW System Guaranteed Transfer program 

Check out Transferology to see how your current credits will transfer to your next institution, you can look at University of Wisconsin System School, Wisconsin Technical Colleges, and Tribal College systems. 

Transfer to a School Outside the UW System 

If you’re interested in transferring to a school not featured here, reach out to that school’s admissions office directly.