- Professor, Electrical Engineering
- Professor, Computer Science
Jun Zhang is on Sabbatical for fall 2021 term
- PhD, Electrical Eng., Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York, Aug. 1988
- MS, Electrical Eng, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York, Aug. 1985
- BS, Computer Eng., Harbin Shipbuilding Eng. Institute, Harbin, China, Feb. 1982
- Image processing and computer vision
- Digital signal processing
- Digital communications
- J. Zhang, Y. Yan, and, M. Lades, ``Face recognition: eigen face, neural nets, and elastic matching, Proceedings of IEEE, Vol. 85, pp. 1423-1436, Sept. 1997.
- J. Zhang and D. Wang, ``Image segmentation by multigrid MRF optimization with perceptual considerations,'' Journal of Electronic Imaging, Vol. 7, pp. 52-60, Jan. 1998.
- J. Zhang, D. Wang, and Q. Tran, `` Wavelet-based multiresolution stochastic models,'' IEEE Trans. Image Processing, Vol. 7, pp. 1621-1626, Nov. 1998.
- J. Zhang, J. Gao, and J. Liu, ``Figure-ground separation by a dynamical system,'' IEEE Trans. Image Processing, Vol. 8, pp. 115-121, Jan. 1999.
- W. Zhu, Y. Wang, N. Galatsanos, and J. Zhang, ``An efficient solution to the regularized total least squares approach for non-convolutional linear inverse problems,'' IEEE Trans. Image Processing, Vol. 8, pp. 1657-1661, Nov., 1999.
- J. Zhang, J. Gao, and W. Liu, ``Image sequence segmentation using 3d structure tensor and curve evolution,'' IEEE Trans. Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, Vol. 11, pp. 629-641, May, 2001.
- Tsai A, Zhang J, Willsky A, "EM Algorithms for Image Processing Using Multiscale Methods and Mean Field Theory, with Applications to Laser Radar Range Profiling and Segmentation", Optical Engineering, to appear.
- J. Gao, J. Zhang, and M. Fleming, ``A novel technique for multiresolution color image segmentation,'' to appear in Optical Engineering.