- Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering
Co-Director of Energy Conversion Efficiency Lab
Director of Radon Reduction Technology Lab
- PhD, University of Illinois at Chicago, Mechanical Engineering, 1987
- MS, University of Illinois at Chicago, Mechanical Engineering, 1985
- BS, University of Illinois at Chicago, Thermo-Mechanical Engineering & Energy Conversion, 1983
- Computational and Experimental Methods in Heat and Mass Transfer
- Radon Entry Dynamics, Transport and Innovative Mitigation Techniques
- Convective Transport in Porous Media
- Multiphase Flow and Heat transfer
- Energy Conservation
- Heat Transfer Augmentation
- Compact Heat Exchanger Fin Design
- Data Acquisition and Instrumentation
- Aerosol Science
- Indoor Air Quality and Pollution Control
- Engineering Education
- Academic Freedom and Due Process Issues
- W. Z. Daoud and K. J. Renken, "The Effect of Using an Electromagnetic Shield to Reduce Radon Gas Diffusion Through Concrete," Proceedings of 2001 AARST International Radon Symposium, Daytona Beach, Florida, October 21-24, 2001.
- L. J. Ferguson, W. Z. Daoud, and K. J. Renken, "Measurements of the Air Permeability Coefficient of Concrete Samples Under Radon Entry Conditions," Proceedings of 2001 International Radon Symposium, Daytona Beach, Florida, October 21-24, 2001.
- K. J. Renken and G. T. Abraham, "Experimental Setup of a Low Differential Pressure Permeability Apparatus for Concrete Samples," 2001 American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) Annual Conference & Exposition, Sponsor: Instrumentation Division, Albuquerque, NM, June 24-27, 2001.
- W. Z. Daoud and K. J. Renken, "Measurements of the Effect of Relative Humidity on the Radon Gas Diffusion Coefficient of Concrete," to be presented at the Third Eurosymposium on Protection Against Radon, Liege, Belgium, May 10 - 11, 2001.
- W. Z. Daoud and K. J. Renken, "Laboratory Assessment of Flexible Thin-Film Membrane as a Passive Barrier to Radon Gas Diffusion," The Science of the Total Environment, Vol. 272/1-3, pp. 127-135, May 2001.
- K. J. Renken and Y. S. Nam, "Laboratory Measurements of Electro-Osmotic Pulsing Technology in Reducing Radon Soil Gas Diffusion Through a Concrete Slab," The Science of the Total Environment, Vol. 272/1-3, pp. 353-354, May 2001.