- Engineering and Mathematical Sciences
- Johnson Controls Endowed Professor in Energy Storage Research
- Department Chair, Mechanical Engineering
- PhD, Chemistry, University of Ottawa, Canada, 1993
- BSc, Chemistry, Wuhan University, China, 1986
- Renewable energy
- Solid-State Li Batteries.
- Li-S Batteries
- Li-ion Batteries
- Metal air (Zn-air and Li-air) Batteries
- Fuel Cells
- Lead Acid
- Hydrogen Storage Materials
- Alkaline Batteries
Professor Qu’s research of beyond Li-ion batteries (Solid State, Li-S) is now funded by the Office of Vehicle Technology, Department of Energy; while his research on Li-ion and fuel cells are funded by American industries.
- J.F. Wen, Z.Z Xie, X.R. Zhang, D. Zheng, C. Zeng, D.Y. Qu, R. Li, H.L. Tang, L. Xiao, Deyu Qu, “Highly dispersed MnO2 in porous carbon coupled with nitrogen-doped highly ordered mesoporous carbon with enhanced H-insertion: A new approach to hybrid supercapacitor” ACS Appl. Mater. & Interface 6(2014)22687-22694.
- Q. Wang, X.Q. Yang, D.Y. Qu, “In-situ ESR Spectro-electrochemical investigation of the Superoxide Anion Radical During the Electrochemical O2 Reduction Reaction in Aprotic Electrolyte”, Carbon, 61(2013)336-341.
- G. Gourdin, J. Collins, D. Zheng, M. Foster, D. Qu, “Spectroscopic Compositional Analysis of Electrolyte during Initial SEI Layer Formation” J. Phy. Chem. C 118(2014)17383-17394.
- D. Zheng, H-S Lee, X.Q. Yang, D.Y. Qu, “Electrochemical Oxidation of Solid Li2O2 in Non-aqueous Electrolyte Using Peroxide Complexing Additives for Lithium-Air Batteries”, Electrochem. Commun. 28(2013)17-19.
- Y. Wang, Dong Zheng. Xiao-Qing Yang, Deyang Qu “High Rate Oxygen Reduction in Non-aqueous Electrolyte with the Addition of Perfluorinated Additives”, Energy & Environmental Science 4(2011)3697-3702
- C. Tran, X.Q. Yang, D.Y. Qu, “Investigation of the Gas-Diffusion-Electrode used as Lithium/Air Cathode in Non-aqueous Electrolyte and the Importance of Carbon Material porosity”, J. Power Sources 195(2010)2057-2063
- C. Felice, S. Ye, D.Y. Qu, “Nafion-Montmorillonite Nanocomposite Membrane for the Effective Reduction of Fuel Crossover”, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 49(2010)1514-1519
- D.Y. Qu, “Investigation of hydrogen physisorption active sites on the surface of porous carbonaceous materials”, Chem-EUR. J. 14(2008)1040-1046
- D.Y.Qu and H Shi, “Studies of Activated Carbon Used in Double-Layer Capacitors”, J. Power Sources, 74(1998)99-107
To learn more about Dr. Qu, visit his website.