- Associate Dean Emerit
Dr. Ethan Munson retired from UWM on August 21, 2022, after 28 years of service. Munson was a member of the Computer Science faculty beginning in 1994 and held various leadership positions including Chair of the Computer Science Department, Director of the Center for Advanced Embedded Systems, and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs since 2015.
- PhD, University of California, Berkeley
- Software Engineering
- Document Engineering
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Software Systems
- R. R. Hardt and E. V. Munson. “An Empirical Evaluation of Ant Build Maintenance Using Formiga in Proceedings of ICSME 2015: International Conference on Software Maintenance and Evolution, Bremen, Germany, Sept 2015, pages 201–215.
- C. Thao and E. V. Munson. "Using Versioned Trees, Change Detection and Node Identity for Three-Way XML Merging," Computer Science Research & Development, Springer-Verlag, 2014.
- J. Dabrowski and E. V. Munson. "40 Years of Searching for the Best Computer System Response Time," Interacting with Computers, 23(5):555-564, September 2011.
- T. N. Nguyen, E. V. Munson, J. T. Boyland, and C. Thao, "An Infrastructure for Development of Object-Oriented Configuration Management Services," in Proceedings of the 27th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE 2005), May 15-21, 2005, St. Louis, Missouri, USA, IEEE Computer Society Press, pages 215-224, 2005.
- J. I. Maletic, E. V. Munson, A. Marcus and T. N. Nguyen. "Using a Hypertext Model for Traceability Link Conformance Analysis," in Proceedings of the Second International Workshop on Traceability in Emerging Forms of Software Engineering (TEFSE 2003), October 7, 2003, Montreal, Canada, pages 47-54.