- Professor, Materials Science and Engineering
Prof. N. Kouklin's research work spans various aspects of nanomaterials, nano-semiconductors, Dirac semimetals, 1D and 2D metal oxides, quantum dots, Carbon-based nanostructures and their applications in diverse fields such as optics, electronics, energy harvesting, infrared and visible-UV photosensors as well as materials science engineering. The research has been carried out in the collaboration with faculty from Worster Polytechnique Institute (US), Santa-Clara University (US), Marsel University (France) and La-Crosse University (US) in the nanotechnology research laboratory, located on the 7th floor of the EMS building, UWM. The support has been provided by NSF (ECCS, CHE, CBET, DMR), UWM (multiple grants), UW System, Jonson Controls, and Rockwell Automation.
- PhD, Engineering (Electrical) University of Nebraska-Lincoln 2001
- MS, Applied Math and Physics Moscow Institute of Phys&Tech, 1997
- BS, Applied Math and Physics Moscow Institute of Phys&Tech, 1996
Improving the performance of nano-electronic materials and their based devices for sensing, communication and energy harvesting applications.
- E Kheirandish, Y Spiegelhoff, N Kouklin “Fabrication and Light‐Emission Study of Ti‐δ‐Doped Quasi‐2D γ‐Alumina by Graphene‐Assisted Atomic Layer Deposition” Advanced Engineering Materials 25 (12), 2300101 (2023) (https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/adem.202300101)
- Y Spiegelhoff, F Zemajtis, E Kheirandish, O Grauby, D Ferry, RJ Pellenq, K.Sobolev, N.Kouklin “Enhanced UV Light‐Emission of Zinc‐Phosphate‐Hydrate Hydrothermally‐Grown on Cu Metal Substrates for Opto‐Electronic Applications” Advanced Electronic Materials, 2300272 (2023) (https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/aelm.202300272)
- E Kheirandish, N Kouklin “Light Emission Study of Free-Standing Quasi-2D-γ-Alumina Grown by Graphene-Assisted Atomic Layer Deposition" Journal of Electronic Materials 50, 2943-2948 2 (2021) (https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11664-020-08623-8)
- E Kheirandish, M Schofield, M Gajdardziska‐Josifovska, N Kouklin “Quasi‐2D Crystalline γ‐Alumina Grown by Graphene‐Assisted Atomic Layer Deposition” Advanced Materials Interfaces 7 (15), 2000561 7 (2020) (https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/admi.202000561)
- E Kheirandish, JC Marnocha, N Kouklin “Controlling opto-electronic characteristics of ternary II–VI alloyed quantum dots: alcohol processing assay”, Materials Research Express 7 (7), 075008 1 (2020) (https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/2053-1591/aba506/meta)
- E Kheirandish, T Hosseini, N Yavarishad, S King, N Kouklin “Photoluminescence and charge-transport characteristics of nano-columnar titanium dioxide films prepared by rf-sputtering on alumina templates” Materials Research Express 5 (2), 026413 2 (2018) (https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/2053-1591/aaa418/meta)
- N Yavarishad, T Hosseini, E Kheirandish, CP Weber, N Kouklin “Room-temperature self-powered energy photodetector based on optically induced Seebeck effect in Cd3As2” Applied Physics Express 10 (5), 052201 (2018) (https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.7567/APEX.10.052201/meta)
- T Hosseini, N Yavarishad, J Alward, N Kouklin "Large Thermopower, Crystalline Cd3As2 by Low‐Temperature Vapor Deposition for Room Temperature Heat Waste Recovery" Advanced Electronic Materials 2 (1), 1500319 (2016)(https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/aelm.201500319)