- Engineering & Mathematical Sciences E357
- Associate Professor, Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering
Dr. Jang’s research focus is on improving the profit and social welfare of an organization through improved efficiencies in production and service. This includes design and control of production systems, management of natural resources for maximum social welfare and environmental protection in competitive market conditions, and the control of supply chain under natural disasters.
- PhD Industrial Engineering, Purdue University, 1993
- MS Industrial Engineering and Operations Research, University of California, Berkeley, 1989
- MS Industrial Engineering, Seoul National University, 1986
- BS Industrial Engineering, Seoul National University, 1984
- Production and Service System Scheduling
- Supply Chain Management under Panic
- Design and Control of Food, Water and Energy Nexus
- Hu, X., Li, P. and Jang, J., “Relief and Stimulus in A Cross-sector Multi-product Scarce Resource Supply Chain Network,” (submitted to Omega in May, 2021)
- Chung, J. and Jang. J., “Influence of an R&D Lot on Production Throughput in Semiconductor Manufacturing.” (submitted to Computers & IE in May, 2021)
- Bajgiran, A. and Jang, J., “A study of subsidizing a biofuel supply chain to incentivize the production of advanced biofuel: An Equilibrium Problem with Equilibrium Constraints approach.” International Journal of Energy Research. June 5, 2021 doi: https://doi.org/10.1002/er.6914
- Hamoud, N. and Jang, J., “A game theoretic analysis of a closed-loop water-energy nexus: the effect of technology efficiency and market competition on the market equilibrium and social welfare” International Journal of Energy Research. July 12, 2020. doi:https://doi.org/10.1002/er.5491.
- Hu, X, Jang, J, Hamoud N., and Bajgiran A., “Strategic Inventories in a Supply Chain with Downstream Cournot Duopoly,” Int. J. of Operational Research. 2020. doi:https://doi.org/10.1504/IJOR.2020.10024938
- Ma, Y., Zhang, Z., Jang, J., and Qu, J., “Overcapacity investment and supervision ﬂuctuation: an evolutionary game approach.” Applied Economics Letters. May 2019. doi:https://doi.org/10.1080/13504851.2019.1613486.
- Abdallah, K. S. and Jang, J., Family Splitting Algorithm for a single machine total tardiness scheduling problem with job family setup times. International Journal of Industrial Engineering: Theory, Applications and Practice, Vol. 26, No. 4, 2019, pp. 452- 470.
- Amirsaman H. Bajgiran, Jaejin Jang, Xiang Fang, James H. Peoples, “A biofuel supply chain equilibrium analysis with subsidy consideration.” International Journal of Energy Research, Vol. 43, Issue 5, Feb. 2019, pp. 1-20, pp. 1848-1867. doi:https://doi/abs/10.1002/er.4422
- Khaled, S. and Jang, J., “An exact solution for vehicle routing problems with semi-hard resource constraints,” Computers & Industrial Engineering, Vol. 76, 2014, pp. 366-377
- Yue, X. and Jang, J., “Minimizing the Total Weighted Tardiness on a Single Machine with Sequence Dependent Setup Time and Future Ready Time,” International Journal Advance Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 67, No. 1, 2013, pp. 281-194
- Yue, X. and Jang, J., “Scheduling Jobs on Identical Parallel Machines with Unequal Future Ready Time and Sequence Dependent Setup: an experimental study,” International Journal of Production Economics, Vol. 137, 2012, pp. 1-10
- Dong, Y.-S. and Jang, J., Production Rescheduling for Machine Breakdown at a Job Shop, International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 50, No. 10, 2012, pp. 2681-2691.
- Chung, J. and J. Jang, “A WIP balancing procedure increasing throughput for semiconductor fabrication,” IEEE Trans. on Semiconductor Manufacturing, Vol. 22, No. 3, August, 2009, pp. 381-390
- Chung, J. W. and Jang, J., “The Integrated Room Layout for Semiconductor Facility Plan: Equipment Layout and Material Handling System Design” IEEE transactions on Semiconductor Manufacturing, Vol. 20, No. 4, November 2007, pp. 517-527.
- Koo, P.-H., Jang, J. and Suh, J., “Estimation of Part Waiting Time and Fleet Sizing in AGV Systems,” International Journal of Flexible Manufacturing System, Vol. 16, No. 3, July, 2005, pp. 211-228.
- INFORMS member
- High School Science Fair Judge