- Engineering & Mathematical Sciences E371J
- Scientist II, Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering
Before rejoining UWM, Gong was Dean of the College of Management and Professor of Industrial and Business Management at Chang Gung University, Taiwan. In the past, he was a visiting professor at UWM (2014-2015), NUS, Singapore (2011-2013), and AIT, Thailand (2007-2009). He was involved in Taiwan’s effort to improve competitiveness with business process re-engineering and IT-oriented commercial applications (2000-2011). He has served as PI of 32 research projects and Co-PI of 5 research projects funded by Taiwan government. He also had completed 10 industrial projects mainly in the areas of shop floor control, production line analysis, transportation, and supply chain management.
- PhD, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1991
MS, Operations Research, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1988
MS, Industrial Engineering, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1983
BE, Industrial Engineering, Chung Yuan Christian University, 1979
- Sustainable and resilient supply chain management
- Logistics and warehousing system
- Applied operations research
- Production-inventory systems analysis
- Gong, Dah-Chuan, T. C. Hou, P. Hoang, B. Peters and Ping-Shun Chen, "Framework for Developing a Knowledge Warehouse Towards a Resilient Semiconductor Assembly and Testing Firm," in IEEE Access, Vol. 10, 2021, pp. 3643-3658.
- Gong, Dah-Chuan, Ping-Shun Chen, and Wang, S. J., “Simulation study of impact of Capacity Reservation Threshold on Order Fulfilment,” Journal of Simulation Modelling, Vol. 20, No. 1, 2021, pp. 17-28.
- Gong, Dah-Chuan, Ping-Shun Chen, Cheng-Yue Lin, and Cheng-Chang Chang, “Towards REACH: Crucial Control Processes Required by a Weaving and Dyeing Factory,” Journal of Quality, 27, No. 5, 2020, pp. 293-318.
- Gong, Dah-Chuan, Pei-Han Li, Ping-Shun Chen, Fan Wang, “Supply chain network design with multi-time-period stochastic demands for optimizing dual objectives on economic and environmental factors,” Journal of the Chinese Institute of Engineers, Vol. 43, No. 1, 2020, pp. 93-100.
- Huang, Cheng-Shung and Dah-Chuan Gong, “How Participation Management Influences Work Engagement: The Mediating Role of Perceived Fit and Leader-Member Exchange,” International Journal of Business and Management, Vol. 14, No. 12, 2019, pp. 191-202.
- Gong, Dah-Chuan, Chi-Wei Kao, and Brett A. Peters, "Sustainability investments and production planning decisions based on environmental management," Journal of Cleaner Production, Vol. 225, 2019, pp. 196-208.
- Gong, Dah-Chuan, Jia-Lun Kang, Gary C. Lin, T. C. Hou, "On an IC Wire Bonding Machine Production-Inventory Problem with Time Value of Money," International Journal of Production Research, 55, No. 9, 2017, pp. 2431-2453.
- Zhou, Yuan, Dah-Chuan Gong, Boray Huang, Brett Peters, "The impacts of carbon tariff on green supply chain design," IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, 14, No. 3, 2017, pp. 1542-1555.
- Lin, Gary, Dah-Chuan Gong, Hsueh-Hung Wang, Jia-Lun Kang, “Economic Production Lot Sizing with Two Independent/ Dependent Imperfect Key Subsystems,” International Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 26, No. 3, 2016, pp. 268-290.
- Adhisatya, Filemon Yoga, The Jin Ai, Dah-Chuan Gong, “Economic lot scheduling problem with two imperfect key modules,” Procedia Manufacturing, Vol. 4, 2015, pp. 30-37.
- Lin, Gary C. Andy Wu, Dah-Chuang Gong, Boray Huang, Wen-Na Ma, ”On an Multi-Product Lot Scheduling Problem Subject to an Imperfect Process with Standby Modules,” International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 52, No. 8, 2014, pp. 2243-2257.
- Lin, Gary C., Dah-Chuan Gong, and Cheng-Chang Chang, “On an Economic Production Lot Sizing with Machine Breakdowns Subject to Two Unreliable Key Components,” Journal of Scientific & Industrial Research, Vol. 73, No. 3, 2014, pp.149-152.
- Kuo, Tsai Chi, Chia-Wei Hsu, Samuel H Huang, Dah-Chuan Gong, “Data Sharing: A Collaborative Model for a Green Textile/Clothing Chain,” International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Vol. 27, Issue 3, 2014, pp. 266-280.
- Gong, Dah-Chuan, Meng-Han Chuang, and Ren-Wen Ben, “Conceptual Design of a REACH Control System at the Product Development Stage,” Journal of Quality, Vol. 20, No. 3, 2013, pp.323-343.
- Gong, Dah-Chuan and Jia-Ling Chen, “Critical Control Processes to Fulfill Environmental Requirements at the Product Development Stage,” International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Vol. 25, Issue 6, 2012, pp. 457-472.