- Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering
- PhD, Biological Engineering, Inha University (Republic of Korea), 2001
- BE, Biological Engineering, Inha University (Republic of Korea), 1994
- BioMEMS and Biosensor
- Environmental and Biomedical Monitoring
- Point-Of-Care Device
- Tae Joon Kwak, Imtiaz Hossen (equally contributed), Rashid Bashir, Woo-Jin Chang (co-corresponding author), Chung Hoon Lee (co-corresponding author), Localized Dielectric Loss Heating in Dielectrophoresis Devices. Sci Rep, 9, 18977, 2019. doi:10.1038/s41598-019-55031-y
Chang-Koo Yun, Jung Wook Hwang, Tae Joon Kwak, Woo-Jin Chang, Kyubeom Han, Sanhyun Lee, Yong-Soo Choi, Nanoinjection system for precision direct delivery of large molecules, Lab Chip, 19, 580-588, 2019. DOI: 10.1039/C8LC00709H
Tae Joon Kwak, Wook Keun Kwon, Jiang Yang, Sang Woo Lee, Woo-Jin Chang (corresponding author), Rapid fabrication of versatile omni-directional and long-distance three-dimensional flow paper-fluidic analytical devices using cut-and-insert method for biomedical applications, Analytical Methods, 10(38), 4648-4654, 2018. DOI: 10.1039/C8AY01318G
- Young-Jin Jung, Taewoo Lee, Seungyeop Choi, Sei-Young Lee, Jaehong Key, Yeong-Min Yoo, Woo-Jin Chang, Han-Sung Kim, Sang Woo Lee, Selective position of individual cells without lysis on a circular window array using dielectrophoresis in a microfluidic device, Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, 21:150, 2017.
- Jiang Yang, Bo Wang, Youngsang Yu, Woo-Jin Chang, Ke Tang, Yi-Cheng Wang, Wenzhao Zhang, Feng Ding, Sundaram Gunasekaran, Probing the modulated formation of gold nanoparticle-beta lactoglobulin corona complexes and its applications, Nanoscale, 9, 17758-17769, 2017.
- Tae Joon Kwak, Maria Alejandra Najera, Young Gyu Nam, Sang Woo Lee, J. Rudi Strickler, and Woo-Jin Chang (corresponding author), Convex grooves in staggered herringbone mixer improve mixing efficiency of laminar flow in microchannel, PLoS One, 11(11), e0166068, 2016,
- Jiang Yang, Tae-Joon Kwak, Xiaodong Zhang, Woo-Jin Chang (co-corresponding author), Sundaram Gunasekaran, Iridium oxide-reduced graphene oxide hybrid thin film modified screen-printed electrode as disposable electrochemical paper microfluidic pH sensor, Journal of Visualized Experiments, 117, e53339, 2016.
- Jiang Yang, Tae Joon Kwak, Xiaodong Zhang, Robert McClain, Woo-Jin Chang (co-corresponding author), Sundaram Gunasekaran, Combining pH strips and meters: a hand-held electrochemical paper-fluidic pH platform using nanoparticle-anchored iridium oxide-reduced graphene oxide hybrid thin film, ACS Sensors, 1(10), 1235-1243, 2016.
- In Soo Park, Tae Joon Kwak, Gyudo Lee, Myeonggu Son, Jeong Woo Choi, Seungyeop Choi, Kiwhan Nam, Sei-Young Lee, Woo-Jin Chang, Kilho Eom, Dae Sung Yoon, Sangyoup Lee, Rashid Bashir, Sang Woo Lee, Biaxial dielectrophoresis force spectroscopy: a novel stoichiometric approach for examining intermolecular weak binding interactions, ACS Nano, 10, 4011-4019, 2016.
- Rajesh Seenivasan, Woo-Jin Chang (co-corresponding author), Sundaram Gunasekaran, Highly sensitive detection and removal of lead ions in water using cysteine-functionalized graphene oxide/polypyrrole nanocomposite film electrode, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 7(29), 15935-15943, 2015,
- In Soo Park, Jaewoo Lee, Gyudo Lee, Kiwhan Nam, Taewoo Lee, Woo-Jin Chang, Hansung Kim, Sei-Young Lee, Jongbum Seo, Dae Sung Yoon, Sang Woo Lee, Real-time analysis of cellular response to small-molecule drugs within a microfluidic dielectrophoresis device, Anal. Chem., 87, 5914-5920, 2015. (cover article).
- Min Jin Kim, Yong Min Kim, Z-Hun Kim, Si-Hyun Heo, Sun-Mi Kim, Jung-Wook Hwang, Woo-Jin Chang, Min Jun Baek, Yong-Soo Choi, Mesenchymal stem cells suppress muscle atrophy induced by Hindlimb suspension, Journal of Stem Cell Research & Therapy, 155, 2, 1000266, 2015.
- Nael G. Yasri, Woo-Jin Chang (co-corresponding author), Sundaram Gunasekaran, Highly selective mercury detection on electrochemically exfoliated graphene and poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene):poly(styrenesulfonate) based nanocomposite film modified electrode, Frontiers in Materials, 1 (33), 1-10, 2014.
- Jiang Yang, Young-Gyu Nam, Sung-Kyun Lee, Chang-Soo Kim, Yoon-Mo Koo, Woo-Jin Chang (co-corresponding author), Sundaram Gunasekaran, Paper-fluidic electrochemical biosensing platform with enzyme paper and enzymeless electrodes, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 203, 44-53, 2014.
- Jiang Yang, Ji-Hyuk Yu, J. Rudi Strickler, Woo-Jin Chang (co-corresponding author), Sundaram Gunasekaran, “Pocket-size electrochemical microfluidic devices for enzyme-free glucose sensing based on one-step modification of screen printed electrodes with chitosan/reduced graphene oxide/Ni nanoparticles”, Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 47, 530-538, 2013.
Honors and Awards
- UWM Research Foundation Technology Licensing Award, UWM Research Foundation, March 1, 2015, 2018.
- Interpore Rosette in Recognition of the Services to InterPore, May 27, 2014, InterPore 2014.
To learn more about Woo Jin Chang, visit his website.