- Niamh Ní Charra to perform at CelticMKE Center on October 14 - Niamh Ní Charra, multi-award-winning Irish musician and renowned music archivist, will be performing at CelticMKE Center in Wauwatosa on Friday, October 14th at 7:00 pm. See CelticMKE Facebook and Website for more details and to purchase tickets. Niamh Ní Charra... Read More
- CCS Co-Director Andrew Kincaid publishes “Samuel Beckett’s Radio Geographies” in February issue of Modernist Cultures - Andrew Kincaid, Co-Director of Celtic Studies, has published a new article on the Irish writer, Samuel Beckett. “Samuel Beckett’s Radio Geographies” appears in the latest edition of the journal Modernist Cultures (Feb. 2022). The essay explores the writer’s decision in... Read More
- Irish Times Article Examines Round Table with CCS Board Member Timothy G McMahon - “Decolonising Irish history? Possibilities, Challenges, Practices” was the topic of a round table discussion involving Irish historian Ian McBride, Marquette Faculty and CCS board member Timothy G McMahon, Caoimhe Nic Dháibhéid, Shahmina Achtar, Dónal Hassett, Kevin Kenny, Laura McAtackney, and... Read More
- Irish Cultural and Heritage Center Announces Three Additional Spring Concerts - Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day all March long at the Irish Cultural and Heritage Center, 2133 W. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee with four of Irish music’s most sought after bands; The High Kings on Wednesday, March 9 at 7 p.m., Socks in... Read More
- The Irish Cultural and Heritage Center Announces March Concerts - Celebrate an early St. Patrick’s Day at the Irish Cultural and Heritage Center, 2133 W. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee with two of Ireland’s most sought after bands, The High Kings on Wednesday, March 9 at 7 p.m. and Socks in the... Read More
- Samhain Returns to UWM 2021 - Thank you (Go raibh maith agaibh) to everyone who came out to Samhain! We had a huge turnout of students and community members, around 70 folks in attendance! The weather cooperated with us to bring a Celtic bonfire to our... Read More
- Remembering John Gleeson (1944-2020) - John Gleeson was the founding father of the Center for Celtic Studies and our presiding spirit. John moved from Dublin to Milwaukee in 1980 and went on to earn a M.A. degree in Applied History and a M.F.A. in Film... Read More
- Language Immersion Weekend 2020 - We had a huge turnout and loads of fun at this year’s Irish Language Immersion Weekend (Deireadh Seachtaine Gaeilge) at the Celtic Milwaukee Center!
- Photos from Immersion Weekend 2019 - We had a huge turnout and loads of fun at this year's Irish Language Immersion Weekend (Deireadh Seachtaine Gaeilge)! See post for photos.
- Anthropolgy 212 – The Past on Tap - Former CCS co-director Bettina Arnold (professor of Anthropology at UWM) will be teaching a fun class studying the archaeological evidence for fermented beverages during the Spring 2019 semester (no prerequisites!).
- Samhain 2022 - Join Center for Celtic Studies for a celebration of the Celtic Otherworld through spooky stories, Celtic treats, live music, and a costume contest. This event will be held on Saturday, October 29, 2022 from 5:30pm-7:30pm in Greene Hall. Check back... Read More
- Tionól Gaeilge 2023 (Irish Language Immersion Weekend) - Please join us for the Tionól Gaeilge 2023 event on March 3-5, 2023 in CelticMKE Center, Wauwatosa, WI. Join this annual event that includes Irish language instruction, cultural activities, and craic. Open to all, from the absolute beginner to the... Read More