Students interested in American Indian Studies as a submajor or certificate have a number of resources they can utilize for advising assistance:
- The Office of Student Academic Services in the College of Letters and Science assigns each student a professional advisor to work with students in completing general L&S degree requirements.
- The director of the American Indian Studies Program, Associate Professor Michael Wilson, assists students in AIS programs in selecting appropriate courses that integrate well with students’ interests.
- The Electa Quinney Institute
Scholarship opportunities are available for American Indian students through:
- Udall Scholarship for Undergraduates (Juniors and Seniors)
- American Indian Chamber of Commerce of Wisconsin (AICCW)
- The Menominee Indian Tribe of Wisconsin Scholarship
- Julie’s Spirit Memorial Scholarship
- Milwaukee Indian Education Committee Scholarship (MIEC)
- Stockbridge Munsee Community Scholarship
- Wisconsin Indian Education Association (WIEA)
- Wisconsin Indian Student Assistance Grant