Students studying near the UWM fountain

Do you have, or will you soon have, an associate degree from one of UWM’s partner technical colleges? Then you’re guaranteed admission to UWM, as well as the seamless transfer of at least 60 credits. You’ll start at UWM knowing that you’re already halfway toward most bachelor’s degrees. It’s a simple, stress-free way to enroll at UWM and work toward a life-changing education.

Regional Technical College Partners

UWM has agreements in place with these four regional technical colleges.

  • Gateway Technical College
  • Milwaukee Area Technical College
  • Moraine Park Technical College
  • Waukesha County Technical College

Associate degree holders from these schools only need to fill out a brief intent form. It’s free to do, and there is no lengthy, formal admission application. UWM admissions counselors will meet with you to create a personalized plan for your guaranteed 60 transfer credits.

Eligibility Requirements

  • An associate degree, or pending associate degree, from a regional technical college partner.
  • A 2.0 grade point average from a technical college partner.
  • The completion of a brief, free intent form.

Enrolled students will be responsible for tuition and other college costs. Many financial aid options are available.

Don’t see your school listed?

Visit the Transfer page to learn how you can transfer to UWM.

Have a Question?

We’re here to help! Don’t hesitate to reach out — someone will get back to you shortly.

Gateway Technical College Logo
Moraine Park Technical College Logo
Waukesha County Technical College Logo

Frequently Asked Questions

How does this agreement work?

Students who hold, or will soon hold, an associate degree from our partners can complete a free, brief intent form to apply and be admitted to UWM. No lengthier, formal admission application is required. UWM admissions counselors will work with students on a plan for their guaranteed 60 transfer credits. UWM requires at least 120 credits for bachelor’s degrees. Most incoming tech college graduates will begin their UWM journey knowing they’re already halfway to graduating. No more worries about potentially wasted credits from their previous college.

Who is eligible for the program

All associate degree holders with a 2.0 GPA from the four participating colleges: MATC, WCTC, MPTC, GTC.

What should prospective students do?

Fill out an intent form on the Associate to Bachelor’s Degree Enrollment Program webpage. A UWM admissions counselor will reach out to the interested student.

I received my associate degree from one of the four participating colleges years ago. Does this apply to me?

Yes, it does! The year you obtained an associate degree does not matter.

I’m about to receive my associate degree from one of the four participating colleges. Do I need to declare a major when I fill out the intent form?

Although it’s not a formal declaration, the intent form will ask what major you would like to pursue. A UWM admissions counselor will work with interested students to create a personalized plan to earn their bachelor’s degree. Some programs may have additional admissions requirements.

Do I need to send in transcripts to apply to UWM?

No, the participating college will send all the information UWM requires.

When can I fill out an intent form?

You can fill out an intent form now for UWM admission starting as early as the Summer 2024 term.

What information will I need to fill out the intent form?

We need your biographical and contact information to build your application. You will also need to know when you would like to start taking UWM courses and what major you would like to pursue.

How long does the intent form take?

It should only take a few minutes to fill out.

How much does it cost?

There is no charge to complete the intent form. Accepted students will be responsible for tuition and other costs to attend UWM. Many financial aid options are available. We urge you to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). UWM Student Financial Services can work with you to understand the costs and make a plan.

If I fill out an intent form, am I guaranteed admission?

You are guaranteed admission as a bachelor’s degree-seeking student at UWM if:

  • You hold an associate degree from one of regional technical college partners, and
  • You earned a 2.0 grade point average.
Does filling out an intent form mean I’m also considered for scholarships?

This form does not offer access to any scholarship opportunities. You should explore scholarships at UWM while also seeking out other scholarship pathways.

What if I submit my form and then change my mind about attending?

Filling out an intent form is not an agreement to attend UWM. Likewise, being accepted to UWM does not mean you’re required to attend. You must still accept your admissions offer.

Does filling out this form mean I’m committed to living on campus?

No. Admitted students will select their living arrangements later in the enrollment process.

Why is UWM doing this with MATC, WCTC, MPTC and GTC?

UWM and our regional technical college partners are committed to expanding access to higher education. We want to lower the barriers for students as they work toward a life-changing education.

Can anyone with an associate degree finish any bachelor’s degree program in two years?

All associate degree holders can choose from several bachelor’s degree programs that can be completed in two years as a full-time student. But some bachelor’s degree programs do have specific prerequisites. And some bachelor’s degree programs require more than 120 credits. Students should meet with a UWM admissions counselor as early as possible to better understand their options.