Additional Tutoring Programs at UWM
There are a number of free academic support services available to UWM students. If you haven’t found what you’re looking for through SSC, we encourage you to utilize services provided by other campus departments.
College of the Arts & Architecture
School of Architecture & Urban Planning
The Music Department Tutoring Program offers specialized assistance for students enrolled in:
• Theory Fundamentals (MUSIC 1),
• Materials of Theory I, II, & III (MUSIC 127, 128, 225),
• Aural Theory (MUSIC 123, 124, 226)
• Music History I, II & III (Music 211, 212, 311)
Tutoring appointments are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM. Please
sign up for all tutoring appointments on the door to Music 185. Sessions are held in the Music
Tutoring Center (M185) or in the Performing Arts LLC. There is no charge for tutoring.
• Sign up at least 24 hours before your tutoring appointment.
• Remove your name from the schedule if you cannot attend the appointment.
• A new schedule will be posted each week.
• No more than one appointment per week.
Department of Spanish and Portuguese
For additional tutoring and opportunities to practice Spanish and Portuguese, go to the “Student Support” tabs at https://uwm.edu/spanish-portuguese/undergraduate/.
College of Letters & Science
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Walk-in tutoring for 100-level Chemistry Courses
McFarland Learning Center: Chemistry 372
College of Community Engagement & Professions
School of Information Studies
Tutoring for SOIS (INFOST) classes (schedule can be found under the tutoring tab in the link below)
College of Engineering & Applied Science
Engineering & Applied Science
Walk-in tutoring for Engineering Courses
The Writing Center
Main office: Curtin 127