More than 3,500 student work on UW-Milwaukee’s campus, bringing their talents and energy to campus departments while gaining valuable experience.
Working on campus is convenient, flexible, and a great way to build your Panther community. Gain work experience while developing career-ready skills and building your resume!
Need help finding an on-campus job? Please complete the application of interest!
The On-Campus Experience
Gain the Panther Edge through student employment by developing critical thinking, problem-solving, communication, leadership, professionalism, and teamwork skills.
- Log in to Handshake
- Select “Jobs“
- Navigate to “All filters“
- Select “Part-time” , “On-Campus” and “Paid“
- In “All filters“, scroll to “Employers” and type in ”UWM On-Campus Employment Office”
- You can then click “Show results” to see the positions
- Identify what skills and experiences you can connect with each job specifically
- Tailor your resume for each position.
- Research the hiring department by visiting their website to understand more about them and their goals .
- Save the job description in Handshake to refer back to for an interview.
- Apply by submitting your resume and other application materials!
Congrats, you’ve landed the interview! Let’s review some next steps as you prepare for the big day.
- Review the job description and information on the hiring department’s website.
- Identify what skills are most connected to the position and think about specific examples from past experiences you could share.
- Talk about your skills and experiences out loud.
- Schedule a mock interview with a career advisor.
- Practice on your own utilizing Big Interview: online mock interview tool.
- Arrive early (if in-person, give yourself time to find the location and if virtual, check your technology and set up your location).
- Send a thank you email after the interview!
Once you’ve received an offer, you must initiate your criminal background check (CBC).
- You will receive an email from HireRight with a link, which remains active for 5 days. Use the link to log into the system to complete the electronic finalist consent and disclosure form.
- Please be sure to check your Junk/Spam folder. The email will come from HireRight Customer Support and the subject will be “University of Wisconsin Background Verification Request.”
You must also work with your supervisor and Shared Services to complete new hire paperwork.
Finally, all UWM employees are required by policy to complete HR Required Training.
Why Work On-Campus?
On-campus employment at UWM provides a considerable number of benefits over many off-campus jobs:
- Flexible Schedules
- Easy Commute
- Build Your Resume
- Develop Skills
- Make Friends
- Enhanced College Experience
- Supportive Environment