The UW-Milwaukee Testing Center provides machine-scanning services for classroom exams. Standard scannable forms can accommodate up to 200 questions with 5 possible answer choices. Standard pdf reports include test statistics such as standard deviation, difficulty factor, average score, median score, highest score, lowest score, and number of respondents. Exam data is also available in an Excel file format. An email link for exam scoring results will be sent. Results are posted via SharePoint.
Please contact the Testing Center at Testingcenter@uwm.edu with any questions.
Exam processing procedures have changed. We ask that the Testing Center is notified by the end of the second week of the semester if exam scanning services will be requested at any point during the semester. The Request Form will need to be completed at least three business days in advance. The request form must be completed prior to dropping off completed exam sheets. Exams dropped off before a request form has been completed will have significant processing delay.
Final exams will remain the priority and will be processed within 6 business days if notification was submitted at the beginning of the semester. Exceptions cannot be made. Please note, this is a significant change from the four-hour processing time in previous years. It will be important to plan accordingly.
Exams outside of finals may take in excess of one week. Given the need to provide timely feedback to students, it is strongly encouraged that instructors use other testing formats. Canvas functionality can be used for instructor-managed testing, with much more immediate response and processing. Please check with CETL for this option.
*Please contact email@example.com about exam drop-off and pick-up as locations and hours will change late in the Fall 2022 Semester*. Please note that with staffing, technical, and organizational changes, both intake and processing times may have significant delays. It is best to request exam services well in advance.
All exams require a key sheet. This sheet must have the correct answers filled in.
- Darken in the circles for each correct answer. Make sure that all marks are dark and completely fill the circles.
- Write “key” and the professor’s name in the Name Field. Do not darken the circles for the name.
- Answer sheets should have the student name bubbled in.
- Answer sheets must be filled out with a #2 pencil in order to be read by the scanner.
- Answer sheets filled out in ink will not receive results.
- Do not make marks along the left hand edge or the bottom of the sheet.
- Face all answer sheets in the same direction.
- Do not fold, bend, or staple the sheets. Keep the sheets flat and dry.
- Creased or wrinkled answer sheets may not be scannable.
Multiple Sections: If you have a multiple section test, where you have two keys and two versions of the same test given to students, keep both sections in separate envelopes. When you check in your exam, indicate on the Exam Scoring Request form that you have two sections. Each section will produce separate reports.
The Testing Center is happy to serve you and will make every effort to meet your needs. If you have any questions, please ask a staff member in the Testing Center, and we will be glad to assist you.
Excel files can be customized to include name, ID, total score, responses, special codes, number correct, percentile, percent score.
- Class Frequency Distribution Report (pdf)
- Condensed Test Report (pdf)
- Student Grade Report (pdf)
- Test Item Statistics Report (pdf)
- Detailed Item Analysis Report (pdf)
- Test Statistics Report (pdf)
- Student Statistics Report (pdf)
- Condensed Item Analysis Report (pdf)
Exam reports will be shared through SharePoint. You will receive an email with a link to your folder.
Answer sheet pick up. An authorized representative must pick up the answer sheet sheets. We do not send exams materials through inter-campus mail as that compromises test security. You or the representative will need to present a valid photo ID. Answer sheets that are not picked up from the Testing Center at the end of the semester will be shredded.
Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning’s (CETL’s) Learning Technology Consultants Supporting instructors’ use of learning technologies. If you need assistance or have questions about using Canvas or uploading your exam file you will find the help you need on their website.
For assistance in managing your SharePoint folder, please review the tutorial (pdf).