The Testing Center provides course evaluation services to many departments. Our services can include help with form development, data processing, and creation of reports. Statistical reports can be produced including frequency, mean, median, mode and standard deviation.
The turn-around time for evaluation processing is three weeks. The required format must be followed to ensure accuracy timely turn-around. If you are planning to change the format of your departmental evaluations, you must contact Lisa Fugina in the Testing Center at 229-6388 the semester prior to implementation. First time users will receive a free consultation however there may be a charge for software programming.
Dropping off the evaluations
You will need to drop off the evaluation forms in the Testing Center, Mellencamp Hall B28 during office hours. Standard evaluation sheets may be used, or departments may work with our office in advance to design and order custom forms that are compatible with our scanning equipment.
- Evaluations must be submitted as a set each semester. Sections turned in separately will be evaluated separately. Each course section should be clearly labeled with the instructor’s name and course number.
- Packets should be in the same order as completed on the request.
- If using standard forms, the first sheet in each packet serves as a “header” sheet for the scanning process. This sheet must be filled out with the instructor’s last name and the course number and section number filled in the Identification field. The remainder of the sheet should be blank. Completed evaluation sheets for each course should follow the header sheet. Those sheets are marked only with the student responses. Custom forms do not require a “header sheet”.
- If more than one instructor taught the same course, the data for that course number will be combined into the same report unless a special code is used to differentiate between instructors
Picking up evaluations
If your department is picking up the evaluation forms, you or an authorized representative must provide a valid photo ID. We do not send evaluation materials through inter-campus mail for security purposes. Answer sheets that are not picked up from the Testing Center one month after dropping off will be shredded.
Evaluation reports will be processed within three weeks following the end of the current semester and shared through SharePoint. Evaluation sheets will be retained at the Testing Center for a period of two months after the job has been completed and the department has been contacted. The Testing Center is not responsible for sheets not picked up after that.
Sending Course Evaluations to Students
Two weeks before final exams, the Testing Center will send out the online evaluation to students via email. This email can include any incentive options made available to the students. It is helpful for instructors to alert their students beforehand that the email is coming to encourage them to complete the evaluation and remind them that evaluations are completely confidential. Midway through the evaluation period, the Testing Center will send students a reminder to complete the evaluation.
Sharing Evaluation Results
Evaluation reports will be processed and shared within three weeks of the end of the semester through SharePoint
- Africology (pdf)
- Anthropology (pdf)
- Architecture (pdf)
- Art & Design (pdf)
- Art History (pdf)
- Business (pdf)
- Criminal Justice (pdf)
- Dance (pdf)
- Economics (pdf)
- Geography (pdf)
- Journalism, Advertising, & Media Studies (pdf)
- Linguistics (pdf)
- Music (pdf)
- Political Science (pdf)
- Psychology (pdf)
- Social Welfare (pdf)
- Sociology (pdf)
- SOIS (School of Information Studies) (pdf)
- Theatre (pdf)