What is a Neighborhood Clean-up?
A Neighborhood clean-up is a program facilitated by the Neighborhood Housing Office to encourage UWM Students to clean-up the community surrounding UWM by picking up garbage around the neighborhood.
Check back to sign-up for our next clean!
Neighborhood Clean-Up Learning Outcomes
By participating in the Neighborhood Clean-Up, students will:
- Build a sense of responsibility and belonging to the neighborhood surrounding UWM by exploring and experiencing their community.
- Learn about the importance of a clean/healthy off-campus environment and gain satisfaction of making a difference in their community.
- Engage in self-exploration, practice teamwork, and understand the importance of working together as a team/community by working together with people of different ages, backgrounds, cultures or values.
- Participate in a healthy and productive extracurricular activity.
Testimonials from students: Why did you participate in the Neighborhood Clean-up?
- “I loved the idea of helping the community and was looking for volunteer hours for my nursing program.” -Caylen Hasse
- “It was good for the environment, the neighborhood appreciated what we were doing while we were doing it.” -Mathew Jansen
- “I think it’s important to have a good relationship with those who live around UWM and show them that college students aren’t messy and can pick up after themselves and play a part in the community.” -Samantha Brandenburg
- “I got to make new friends and it was really heartwarming to receive thanks.” –Ashlyn Todryk
- “I think it is a great volunteer opportunity and a great way to get to know the neighborhood.” -Jenna Walker
- “It lets people know that we care about our campus.” -Adam Beasley
- “As part of Circle K, volunteering club, we try to volunteer for community-focused projects.” – Angela Beling