We are hiring for Spring 2020! Learn more about the position.
New to the off-campus search? We’re here to help!
Winter Break Hours:
- Friday, December 20th, 2019 – Sunday, January 5th, 2020: Closed
- Monday, January 6th, 2020 -Thursday, January 9th, 2020: Open 10am-2pm
- Friday, January 10th, 2020: Closed
- Monday, January 13th, 2020 – Thursday, January 16th, 2020: Open 10am-2pm
- Friday, January 17th, 2020: Closed
- Monday, January 20th, 2020: Closed for MLK Day
Spring Office Hours: Monday-Thursday: 10am-6pm | Friday: Closed
Phone: (414) 229-6999
Campus Location: Student Union, WG85
The Neighborhood Housing Office believes in serving as a resource to support student success as both tenants and community members. We encourage civic responsibility, serve as a liaison between UWM and the community, and offer education and guidance to our constituents on the rental process and more. We promote positive living experiences in the neighborhoods near UWM through educational initiatives, referral, and outreach.
By utilizing the Neighborhood Housing Office and participating in programming initiatives, students will:
- Develop a sense of belonging to the City of Milwaukee by exploring the neighborhood surrounding UWM
- Evaluate how students as individuals and as a community, demonstrate civic responsibility in the context of the diverse neighborhood surrounding UWM
- Identify and utilize resources available to student-tenants to solve challenges and create positive experiences related to renting and living off-campus
- Distinguish between UWM’s off-campus rental process and other University’s off-campus processes
- Translate knowledge of tenant rights and responsibilities into an actionable plan for renting and living in the neighborhoods near UWM