The mission of the Institute for Child and Family Well-Being (ICFW) is to improve the lives of children and families by designing and implementing effective programs, conducting cutting-edge research and evaluation, and promoting change through policy and advocacy.
The Institute will fulfill this mission by:
- Adopting a population health approach that promotes systems change to address the social determinants of health and well-being
- Developing and translating empirically supported screening, assessment, prevention and intervention services into real-world practices and policy solutions
- Conducting innovative, multi-disciplinary research
- Collaborating with a network of consumers, organizations and communities
- Providing training, consultation and technical assistance to agencies that serve children and families with complex needs