- PhD, University of Michigan
- MA, University of Michigan
- BA, University of Michigan
Historical Linguistics, Germanic Linguistics, Thai and Lao Linguistics, areal linguistic change in SE Asia and Europe
Historical Linguistics, Language Typology, Areal Linguistics, Field Methods
- Linguis 211: Origins of Words
- Linguis 470: Historical/Comparative Linguistics
- Linguis 474: Language Typology and Language Universals
- Linguis 490: Field Methods
Other Relevant Activities
Joint appointment with the German Program in the Dept. of Foreign Languages and Literature
Davis, G. (2015, September). The Story of Lao r: Filling in the Gaps. Baird, I. (Ed.). Journal of Lao Studies, Special Issue(2), 97-109.
Davis, G. (2011). The Dialect of Wermelskirchen: Three Vowel Systems in just 40 Years? Zeitschrift fuer Dialektologie und Linguistik [Journal of Dialectology and Linguistics], 78(3), 321-333.
Davis, G. (2010, December). The Differential Development of Proto-Southwestern Tai *r in Lao and Thai. Journal of the Southeast Asian Linguistics Society, 3(2), 49-60.