Research lab: Coming Soon Spring 2023!
Major area of focus: Organic Synthesis
Minor area of focus: Inorganic Synthesis
Previously attended: University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, 2018-2022, B.S., Chemistry
Why I like chemistry
I love chemistry because it's all around us. By learning chemistry, I feel like I've come to understand the world around me. There's so many fun facts that I've learned because of chemistry to explain weird things that happen
Why I chose the program at UWM
I chose the Chemistry and Biochemistry Program at UW-Milwaukee because of the people. The faculty and staff are so friendly and helpful. They are also great to hang around with. The brand new chemistry building was a nice addition!
Favorite things to do in Milwaukee
I love to explore Milwaukee because there's so many things it has to offer!
Develop skills needed for work in industry.
- Ethan T. Kowalczyk, Daniel A. Webb, Maija B. Lee, Leggy a. Arnold “Synthesis, Solubility, and Permeability of Novel Imidazodiazepines Supporting the Development of new Treatments for Inflammatory Bowel Disease” Milwaukee Analytical Chemistry Conference, September 11th, 2023.
- Ethan T. Kowalczyk, Daniel A. Webb, and Leggy A. Arnold “A large-scale synthesis of N-hydroxypropionamidine to enable the formation of oxadiazoles. Chemistry and Biochemistry Research Symposium, UWM, Milwaukee, April 28th, 2023.
- Molecular Precursor Dithiocarbamate in Green Chemistry Synthesis of BaZrS3, May 2022, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point Department of Chemistry Senior Research Symposium.
- Feasibility of Green Chemistry Synthesis Method for the Novel Thin Film Absorber BaZrS3, May 2022, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point College of Letters and Science Undergraduate Research Symposium.
- Synthesis and Characterization of Acrylic Polymers, May 2021, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point College of Letters and Science Undergraduate Research Symposium.
- Shaw Doctoral Fellowship, UWM 2023
- American Chemical Society Undergraduate Award in Organic Chemistry
- Chancellor's Leadership Award
- American Chemical Society Division in Inorganic Chemistry Undergraduate Award
- American Chemical Society Undergraduate Award in Physical Chemistry
- Distinguished Student Award in Continuing Chemistry
- College Chemistry Senior Award