Starting April 20, 2019, Canvas will receive a number of improvements and updates as part of the regularly-scheduled upgrade cycle by Instructure. Updates are made regularly to bring new features, improve user experience, and fix bugs. Such updates do not typically result in downtime.
- Future courses no longer appear as selectable when copying Canvas courses.
- Improved spacing, layout and notifications in Canvas Commons.
- Dashboard navigation is read in-order.
- ePortfolio accessibility by keyboard is improved.
- Grades settings and grade scheme editing are better labeled. Accessibility changes:
- Final grade override will be enabled at a future date. This feature may be used to provide an adjusted grade for students in the New Gradebook. An announcement will be made on the UWM Canvas website when this feature is enabled.
- The final grade override will be visible to all individuals with grading rights in a course (Teacher, TA Grader, Grader, administrative roles).
- The final grade override can be exported as a final grade to PAWS when the feature is available to UWM instructors.
To learn more about this Canvas update, and to see how the changes may affect instructors’ and students’ work, refer to the audience-specific release note links.
- Canvas Release Notes for Students – Students, guests, and student academic support professionals
- Canvas Release Notes for Instructors – Faculty, teaching staff, teaching assistants, graders, and instructional designers
- Canvas Release Notes for Administrators – Campus, school and college support professionals; administrators and IT professionals
- Comprehensive release notes – Contains all information for all audiences related to this release