Faculty & Staff Resources

Human Resources

Alternative Work Patterns

University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee will make every reasonable effort to approve written requests of its employees for alternative work patterns whenever appropriate and in a manner consistent with the operational needs and provisions of this plan. Complete the Alternative Work Patterns form for consideration.

Benefits Resources
Directory Listings

To add your information to the Directory, or to update your current information please fill out the Directory Submission form.

Earning Statement FAQs
Evaluations and Other Useful Forms
Incident Reporting + Risk Management
Leave Reporting
Timesheet Entry
Hourly employees hired by PSOA are required to log their hours using the HRS Timesheet (after activating their ePantherID) found in the UW Portal. For instructions please refer to UW-Systems PDF on entering time.

Entry deadlines and pay dates can be found on the pay dates webpage under the University Staff and Student Employees heading.

Timesheet Approval (supervisors)

Supervisors of hourly employees are required to approve time worked on a biweekly basis. Entry/Approval deadlines can be found on the pay dates webpage under the University Staff and Student Employees heading.

Time and absence help

Facilities & Box Office

After-Hours Building Access & Hand Scans

PSOA Buildings (7 days a week | 7AM-10PM)

  • Art and Mitchel Hall
    • Students, Faculty, and Staff may use their University ID to access these facilities outside of business hours
  • All other PSOA Buildings
    • Students, Faculty, and Staff who require access outside of business hours must request hand scanning access at the Box Office

PSOA Rooms (Art 203, Music 120, Mitchell 371)

  • Access rooms after-­hours via digital lockbox by entering your individual access code (Employee ID minus first two zeros – see paystub on My UWSystem Portal).
  • Instructions for using digital lockbox:
    • Press Enter (red light will illuminate)
    • Enter access code
    • Press Enter (green light will illuminate)
    • Slide brass slider down
    • Pull out key and unlock  door
    • Replace Key
    • Close box and slide brass slider back up
Classroom/Studio Access Codes
Event + Calendar Submission Form (required for all events)

If you don’t already have an account, visit the Event + Calendar Contributor Form to request access. You’ll receive an email from WordPress with a link to verify your account.

  1. View monthly schedule of events to avoid duplicating or competing with events
  2. Approve event with Department Chair
  3. Login to WordPress using your PantherID and Password
  4. Visit the Add Event Form page, be sure to read all instructions and complete all applicable fields
  5. Following submission, view the Event Listings page to ensure your event was submitted successfully

To edit your event(s) or for questions, please email psoa-event@uwm.edu. This address reaches box office, facilities and marketing. 

Facilities Use & Access Policies

View facilities use & access policies for more information about our buildings and spaces.

House Management Report

Gallery Guards, House Managers, and Building Managers must complete the House Management Report after events. Email psoa-hm@uwm.edu with any questions.

In Case of Emergency
Kenilworth Square East Space Request for Filming & Exhibitions

To request specific space usage in Kenilworth Square East, complete the KSE Space Request (Filming & Exhibitions) Form.

Kenilworth Square East Studio Request or Renewal

To request or renew a Kenilworth Square East Studio, complete the KSE Studio Request Form.

Rental Information

  • Requests Due April 1 for the Upcoming Academic Term
  • Notifications emailed by May or Early June
  • Payments to the Box Office Due October 1
  • Unpaid rentals will lose studio access by November 2

2022-23 Annual Fees

Fees are for occupancy and are not related to the size of the studio or whether it is being shared. Box Office fees and sales tax not included. 

Graduate Students: $200
(First time renters must also pay a refundable $50 key deposit)
Academic Staff & Assistant Professors: $250
Associate Professors: $275
Full Professors: $300

Key Request (office, classroom, practice room)
Lockboxes (Masterlock Bluetooth Vault)

How to use a Bluetooth lockbox

  • Follow the link in your email to set your password.
  • Enter the organization ID, your email address and your temporary password.
  • Your new password must be between 8-15 characters, contain an upper and lower case letter, a number and a special character.
  • Agree to terms of use. Choose to selecting marketing or not.
  • Go to Google Play or App store on your phone and download the Masterlock Vault Enterprise app. The icon will be blue. (Note there are 2 apps. Do not download Masterlock ELocks, which is red)
  • Login to the app with your email address and your password.
  • To use: Go up to a door with the lockbox and have your app open. Press any button on the lock box to wake it up and you should see the option to unlock the box on your phone, represented by a blue key symbol. Press Open and the box will unlock. Please make sure to put the key back into the box when you have opened the door.
  • For additional help please refer to online video instructions.
Lost & Found

All Lost & Found items are located in ART 203.


Mailboxes are located in Art 203 and are sorted alphabetically by last name.

Reserve a Room
Work Order/Trouble Reports

General Resources

Credit Outreach Course Information
CV & Syllabi Submission

Performing Arts

Syllabi: Email all syllabi as PDFs in a single email to Barb Garncarz, garncarz@uwm.edu. Filename structure: Dept-Catalog(s)­‐Section(s)-LastName-FirstName.

CV: Email as PDF; Filename structure: LastName-FirstName

Questions: Barb Garncarz, garncarz@uwm.edu

Visual Arts

Art & Design: CV and syllabi submission form

Film, Video, Animation and New Genres: CV and syllabi submission form

Questions: Shelby DeSantis, desantsa@uwm.edu

Drop Off / Pick Up
  • Bring items to ART 203 with the name of the recipient clearly labeled
  • Items should be no larger than your mailbox (H 2”, W 10”, D 12”)
  • A student worker will retrieve the item when the designated recipient arrives

Marketing Promotion

Event Promotion
Free resources available to promote your event
  • Community Calendar Submission: Journal Sentinel, Milwaukee 365, Shepherd Express, Urban Milwaukee, Radio Milwaukee
  • Personal E-­blast
    • Request that all performers and crew send a personal event announcement to colleagues/peers
  • Facebook Event Page Promotion
    • Add performers as hosts
    • Post status updates in the event thread at least 2x per week to keep activity elevated; upload photos and videos from rehearsals and remember to tag performers
    • Require all performers and crew to “invite” area colleagues/peers to the event page
  • Social Media
    • Post regular event/rehearsal updates to personal social media accounts; photo, and especially video, posts have the best organic reach
Request the PSOA Step and Repeat banner
  • Email psoa-marketing@uwm.edu to check availability
  • There is no cost to borrow, but we expect to have the banner returned one business day following the event
  • Dimensions: 8′ x 8′ (includes carrying case and stand)

PSOA step-and-repeat-banner

Request a PSOA Marketing videographer or photographer to professionally document your event
  • Email psoa-marketing@uwm.edu to check availability and rates
  • You will be charged back for the student’s hours, which may include prep work, shooting, additional help and equipment, and editing; you will be provided with an estimate prior to confirmation of hire
Photo Release Form

Please use the photo release form to acquire permission from individuals you may be photographing at your event who are not currently UWM students. This form is required should you like to use images publicly or within promotional materials.

License to Record & Broadcast

Please fill out the record & broadcast form to acquire permission from individuals you may be filming/broadcasting at your event who are not currently UWM students.

Logos / Envelopes / Letterhead
Envelopes & Letterhead

Confirm pricing with your chair then complete the Envelope Order Form or Letterhead Order Form. Orders are fulfilled by the UWM Print & Copy Center.

Download PSOA Letterhead to use electronically or print locally. Be sure to save as a PDF to ensure universal support and proper formatting.

UWM & PSOA logos

The UWM logo must be included on all publications/materials. Visit the University’s Branding site for more information on logo usage. Space permitting, the Peck School of the Arts logo should be included as well. In both instances the preferred full logo should be used when possible. When using both logos, UWM must always appear to the left or above the school logo and should be relatively equal in size.

Print Use

Web Use ONLY

Department Outreach Coordinators

Outreach Coordinators lead department information sessions, connect you with high school teachers, coordinate high school visits, develop on-­campus workshops, share recruitment materials, offer expertise, etc.

Request marketing and/or design work
  1. Work with your Chair and Area Manager to identify your budget.
  2. If your request is for event marketing please contact the PSOA Marketing Department 10-12 weeks prior to your event date.
  3. Depending on the request, a meeting might be suggested to identify all timelines, duties, and responsibilities. Please be sure to consider this into the overall timeframe of the project.

Marketing Support Request

Share News with PSOA/UWM
Recognize PSOA faculty/staff, alumni, and students for earned awards or rankings, community leadership, published articles, guest lectures or performances, and other notable research
  1. Complete this News Form (select “PSOA” from the School/College menu & check the “Alert Provost’s Office” box)
  2. Email full details to department faculty reflector
I have written my own press release, may I pitch it directly to journalists?

Yes, but please copy psoa‐news@uwm.edu on each release so that we can keep abreast of your events and research. Request  press  contacts  directly  from  the marketing office.

I have written an Op-­Ed about a relevant current event that is connected to my area of specialty. Beyond local publications, how do I submit for possible national syndication?
Alert PSOA & UWM of my upcoming and/or past media appearances
  1. Alert PSOA Marketing, Development, Recruitment, and UWM Media Relations, by completing the Media Appearances Form
  2. Email department faculty reflector
Request a PSOA Marketing videographer or photographer to professionally document your research
  • Email psoa-marketing@uwm.edu to check availability and rates
  • You will be charged back for the student’s hours, which may include prep work, shooting, additional help and equipment, and editing; you will be provided with an estimate prior to confirmation of hire


  • Requests for access to WISER can be made to the Assistant Dean of Finance, Amanda Obermeyer (oby@uwm.edu), and typically take 2-3 business days for set up.
Expenditures and Travel

The interim policy below summarizes the rationale and practices of the Peck School of the Arts related to travel and expenditure requests as we face unprecedented financial challenges surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. This policy will be in effect through July 1, 2020 and will be reviewed for the new budget year starting July 1, 2021. 


Expenditures Effective immediately, University leadership has implemented a freeze of all non-essential expenditures, with the guideline of procurement only when “an item(s) absolutely necessary to perform a job.” This freeze applies to all expenditure requests within our School including, but not limited to, area Supply & Expenses, start-up funds, travel funds, etc.
The Peck School will evaluate all essential expenditure requests based on the following principles:
  • Support of necessary expenses for student recruitment
  • Support of necessary expenses for student retention
  • Support of necessary expenses related to instruction
  • Support of necessary expenses related to outreach activities
  • External funding source of expense requests, such as: grants, PI in-direct cost returns, foundation or trust funds.
Requests related to essential expenditures should be made via the request for essential purchase form and email to your Department Chair/Supervisor. On the form, you will need to provide item level detail of purchase requests along with reference to which of the above principles the request applies and include a detailed explanation of the critical nature of your specific request. Should your Department Chair/Supervisor approve of this essential expense, it will then be reviewed by the Dean. Final approval by Dean Emmons will be based on the above principles on a case by case basis.
This process must be followed, and you will need a copy of the approval before any purchase can be placed with a procurement card. Should you use your procurement card without prior approval, your card authorization will be revoked.


The University has extended the travel ban on all non-essential travel that is funded through unrestricted funds, which will continue through June 30, 2021.

Purchasing Information
  • View information on UWM Purchasing Training and Policies & Procedures.
  • Expense Reimbursements are to be completed through the reimbursement menu item found on the UW TravelWIse website.
  • View Purchasing Card Information such as application, online setup, policy & procedure guide, etc.
  • Purchasing Card transactions in need of reallocation (funding) should be emailed to psoa-purchasing@uwm.edu. If you received an electronic receipt, please forward that email with the correct funding. Otherwise, send the email with date, amount, and merchant of the transaction along with where the funding should be reallocated to.
  • The UW TravelWIse portal should be used for all travel related information. Through this link you are able to access Concur to book travel, access SFS to complete travel authorization & expense reimbursement processing, and view UW Policies & Resources.
  • Visit the US Bank Travel Card site for information such as application, online setup, policy & procedure guide, etc.

Sponsored Research Resources

Grant Development Guidelines

Internal Grant Programs

Finding Funding

Developing Budgets

Writing Tips

Submitting Applications

Managing Your Award

Questions & More Information