G*Power and Statistical Analyses
G*Power is a tool to compute statistical power analyses for many different t tests, F tests, χ2 tests, z tests and some exact tests. G*Power can also be used to compute effect sizes and to display graphically the results of power analyses.
Instructions on G*Power Download and Installation
- Visit the G*Power Homepage link above
- Scroll down to the “Download” section and click the appropriate link for your operating system (either Windows or Mac OS)
- The download will ensue as a compressed ‘.zip’ file. Once the download is completed, you will ‘unzip’ the file
- For Windows ONLY:
- Run setup.exe to start the installation program and follow the instructions
- The installation program may install Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1 and the Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 SP1 Runtime library if not already installed on your computer. In case it is necessary to install Windows Installer you must restart your computer during install
- The installation program creates a link on the desktop and in the
program menu in Windows start
- For Mac OS ONLY:
- Unzipping the file will install the G*Power application automatically
- You may move the G*Power application shortcut to the desktop if desired
See the G*Power manual or homepage above for more information and instructions.