- PhD, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
Latin prose and poetry; Greek and Roman social history; Roman law and religion
Roman civilization; Elementary Greek and Latin; Greek and Latin literature
“Varium et Mutabile Semper Femina: Divine Warnings and Hasty Departures in Odyssey 15 and Aeneid 4.” Classical Quarterly. 2023.
Recent Conference Presentations
- “Ἀσωτία at the Crossroads.” Presented at “Luxuria: il vizio capitale dei romani,” a conference at the University of Rome, La Sapienza. 3-31-23.
- “An Allusion to an Etymology of Latium in Lycophron.” Society for Classical Studies. New Orleans, Louisiana. 1-6-23.
- “Rem patris oblimare: The Humorous Economy of Horace Satires 1.2.61-2.” Classical Association of the Middle West and South, 116th Annual Meeting. Birmingham, Alabama. Online panel. 3-26-20.
- “The Callias of Aeschines Socraticus and the Meaning of διαφορά at Athenaeus 5.220b.” Society for Classical Studies. Toronto, Canada. 1-6-17.
Recent Invited Lectures
“ΑΣΩΤΙΑ: The Prodigal’s Fate in Greek Allegory and Satire.” Guttman Lecture at Union College, Schenectady, NY. 3-5-20.
- Classics 170: Classical Mythology
- Classics 202: Introduction to Roman Life and Literature
- Classics 303: Life and Literature of the Roman Empire
- Greek 103: First-Semester Greek
- Greek 104: Second-Semester Greek
- Greek 205: Third-Semester Greek
- Greek 306: Readings in Ancient Greek Literature
- Greek 501: Readings in Greek Prose
- Greek 502: Readings in Greek Poetry
- MALLT 799: Attic Greek Prose Readings
- Latin 103: First-Semester Latin
- Latin 104: Second-Semester Latin
- Latin 205: Third-Semester Latin
- Latin 306: Readings in Latin Literature
- Latin 499: Readings in the Roman Historians (Livy)
- Latin 501: Readings in Latin Prose
- Latin 502: Readings in Latin Poetry
- MALLT 799: Vergil’s Aeneid
- L&S Hum 296 UROP Apprenticeship