Free tutoring is available to students at UWM at Waukesha. Tutors are available for writing, math and other academic areas based on student need. Our goal is to enhance student learning outside of the classroom setting.
Tutoring services, along with TRiO Student Success Services and Prosper, are located in the Academic Success Center, Room W100 in Westview.
Schedule a Tutor Appointment
Book your tutoring appointment online: select your campus and tutoring area (Math Lab, Writing Center, etc.). You can also stop by the Academic Success Center, and available staff will help you set up your appointment.
Please check the Academic Success Center bulletin board for summer and Winterim hours.
|Writing Center||Monday – Thursday: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
|Online Writing Lab (OWL)||See Academic Resources for complete information.
|Math Lab||Monday – Friday: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. (walk in)
Monday – Thursday: 1 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. (one on one)
|Course Tutoring||Times vary by course.
Please contact the Academic Success Center or your instructor.
Self-guided study groups are also available.
Visit the center for details.
- Bring all relevant materials to the tutoring session including textbooks, syllabuses, class notes and assignments.
- Plan to be an active participant in your session with the tutor.
- Academic success requires that you attend class, read assignments, take class notes and attempt homework problems.
- You can expect tutors who are trained to help you learn course material and develop independent study strategies.
Interested in Becoming a Peer Tutor?
Then we’re interested in hearing from you! Tutors are hired because they have an interest in helping others and have been recommended by faculty as good candidates. All tutors must go through a mandatory training session and maintain their own academic success.
- Scott’s YouTube Channel (brief instructional videos for some MAT 091, 103 and 105 topics)
- Khan Academy (brief instructional videos)
- PatrickJMT (brief instructional videos)
- Grammar Girl (Useful, easy to follow grammar tips)
- Online Writing Lab (OWL) See Academic Resources for complete information. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Purdue Online Writing Lab (comprehensive resource for academic writing including MLA and APA)
- University of North Carolina Writing Center Tips and Tools (handouts and video tutorials)