Free tutoring is available to students at UWM at Waukesha.
Tutors are available for writing, math and other academic areas based on student need. Our goal is to enhance student learning outside of the classroom setting.
Schedule a Tutor Appointment
Book your tutoring appointment online through Navigate. Click the blue schedule an appointment button in the top right and select tutoring from the drop down menu. You can also stop by the Academic Success Center, and available staff will help you set up your appointment.
Please check the Academic Success Center bulletin board for summer and Winterim hours.
|Writing Center||Monday – Friday: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. (walk-ins welcome; appointments preferred)|
|Online Writing Lab (OWL)||See Academic Resources on the Waukesha Student Page.|
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out this submission form.
|Math Lab||Monday – Friday: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. (walk-ins welcome; appointments preferred)|
|Course Tutoring||Times vary by course. Please contact the Academic Success Center or your instructor.|
Self-guided study groups are also available. Visit the center for details.
Prepare for Your Tutoring Session
- Bring all relevant materials to the tutoring session including textbooks, syllabuses, class notes and assignments.
- Plan to be an active participant in your session with the tutor.
- Academic success requires that you attend class, read assignments, take class notes and attempt homework problems.
- You can expect tutors who are trained to help you learn course material and develop independent study strategies.
Become a Peer Tutor
Then we’re interested in hearing from you! Tutors are hired because they have an interest in helping others and have been recommended by faculty as good candidates. All tutors must go through a mandatory training session and maintain their own academic success.
- Scott’s YouTube Channel (brief instructional videos for some MAT 091, 103 and 105 topics)
- Khan Academy (brief instructional videos)
- PatrickJMT (brief instructional videos)
- Grammar Girl (Useful, easy to follow grammar tips)
- Online Writing Lab (OWL) See Academic Resources for complete information. Email email@example.com.
- Purdue Online Writing Lab (comprehensive resource for academic writing including MLA and APA)
- University of North Carolina Writing Center Tips and Tools (handouts and video tutorials)