The mission of Fostering Success at UWM is to provide guidance and support to foster students beginning with the admission process and continuing through to graduation.
While most resources address needs of foster youth, we also have resources for those who have been homeless or orphaned but not in the foster care system.
The purpose of Fostering Success at UWM is to assist foster students to achieve educational success by focusing on recruitment, retention, graduation, and advocacy. This will be done through intentionally designed services and a campus-wide network.
Benefits for High School Students
- Advice about scholarships and grants
- ACT or SAT prep options
- Help with the admission process
- College preparatory plans for 9th-12th grade
- UWM visit opportunities
Benefits for UWM Students
- Scholarship and grant assistance
- Computer discounts
- Academic supplies starter kit
- Life skills workshops (cooking, money management, etc.)
- Support from a Fostering Success Committee Member
- Help navigating UWM support services such as:
- Emergency grants
- UWM Food Pantry
- Career Closet (clothes/accessories for job interviews)
- Summer housing options
- Health and counseling services
Group Tours and Workshops
Are you a social worker, independent living provider, group home supervisor or another supportive adult? Connect with us to schedule a group visit! We can also come and present a college preparatory workshop to your group.
Contact us about receiving benefits and to learn more about the Fostering Success at UWM program.
Fostering Success Liaison
3253 N Downer Ave