Check Your Accounts — Often!
Monitor PAWS for your enrollment appointment time, which is when you can register for classes. Class schedules post one week before the enrollment period begins. Once open enrollment begins, we do not assign appointments.
- For courses during UWinteriM, our winter break academic session, check PAWS in mid-October.
- For spring, check in mid-November.
- For summer, check in late March.
- For fall, check in mid-April.
Check PAWS for holds and items on your to-do list. Before you register for classes, address any outstanding issues. Most students need to complete the university credit agreement hold under the finances section before registering on PAWS. The non-resident tuition hold does not prevent registration.
Register for Classes
Register for classes on PAWS. Go to uwm.edu/schedule to see which classes are offered each semester. Use the advanced search function to find online or evening classes. To register for classes, click on “enroll” under the academics section. If your class has prerequisites, you may need to contact the department or professor for permission. If a class is closed or you do not get added from the waitlist, you may be able to ask the professor to add you to the class on the first day. Please bring a registration change form.
Planning to take online courses? Explore Canvas, UWM’s web-based learning environment.
View the required books for your class at uwm.ecampus.com.
Submit Your ID Photo
All UWM students are required to have a photo identification card. Download the Get Mobile App to upload your photo or directly upload a selfie to the Panther Card Office.
Log into Your UWM Email
Access your UWM email through Microsoft Outlook by going to uwm.edu/o365.
Learn About Campus Parking and Transportation
Learn about campus parking and transportation options at uwm.edu/parking. The following services also make commuting easy:
- FREE UPARK: Park at our satellite parking lot at Capitol Drive and Humboldt Avenue, and hop on the UPARK bus that drops you off at one of six campus locations. Buses pick up and drop off about every 10 minutes.
- FREE U-PASS: Stop in at UWM Parking and Transit, located in the Union, Room WG25, one week before school starts. UWM students get a bus pass for unlimited free rides on Milwaukee’s bus system. You can also use your U-PASS at many park-and-ride locations. Online students are not eligible.
- B.O.S.S.: You can call the B.O.S.S. (Be On the Safe Side) transportation service to escort you home after hours if you live within a few miles of campus. Uwm.edu/boss
- On Campus permit: Student parking in the Northwest Quad (NWQ) parking garage is $50 per month.
- Washington County parking: email@example.com
- Waukesha parking: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get Started as an Admitted Student at UWM