UW-Milwaukee Sexual Violence Prevention Online Mandatory Training
All faculty, staff and students at UWM are required to complete an online training course related to Title IX and sexual violence prevention.
- New incoming undergraduate students: You will receive an email with a direct link to access the online training course. The deadline to complete the course will be 2 weeks after you receive the training invitation. (The emails are sent from campusclarity.com)
- New graduate students: You will be receiving an email in August with a direct link to access the online training course.
If you have any questions about the training or are having problems accessing the course, email email@example.com and a member of the Norris Health Center Health Promotion and Wellness Team will respond.
Student employees are required to complete both the employee training at the start of their employment and the student training, as the content and focus is different.
All UWM employees are required to complete an online course entitled “Intersections: Preventing Harassment & Sexual Violence” (Title IX/Campus SaVE Act). This 90-minute course (available in two parts) is a UW System requirement and fulfills federal expectations concerning the institution’s Title IX obligations. In this two-part course, employees will learn:
- How to recognize harassment and discrimination, including sexual harassment and misconduct.
- What the law says about harassment and discrimination, including relevant legal definitions.
- Practical tips for maintaining a safe environment and reporting misconduct.
- Advice on using inclusive language and information on microaggressions.
All employees should have received an email with a direct link to the course, along with a personal username and password. Please notify you unit/division/college PREP immediately if you have not received this email. Your PREP will then ensure that you received the appropriate email so that you may complete the course. New employees will receive their course assignment via email as well. Please know that the emails are sent from lawroom.com.
If you are having difficulty locating the email that contains your personal link, username, and password, please view the PREP/UBR/Shared Services Directory and contact the HR PREP that is assigned to your particular school/division/college/or department and they will be able to assist you further.