UWM is proud to join the ranks of select campuses across the country that have been classified as military friendly. Only the top 15% of schools in the nation achieve this designation each year.
Our office is dedicated to providing current and past members of the military, as well as their qualifying dependents, with accurate information and timely processing of their state and federal military educational benefits.
- (VR&E) is the VA’s comprehensive program providing training, special rehabilitation services and employment assistance for Veterans with service connected disabilities and Service members leaving active duty because of medical issues. Learn more and apply here.
- The Tuition Assistance (TA) program provides financial assistance for off-duty education programs in support of a Soldier’s professional and personal self-development goals. TA is available for courses that are offered in the classroom or by distance learning and is part of an approved academic degree or certificate program.
- The Wisconsin GI Bill remits full tuition and segregated fees for eligible veterans and their dependents for up to eight full-time semesters or 128 credits, whichever is greater, at any UW System or Wisconsin Technical College School. The Wisconsin GI Bill is a state program that is entirely separate from the Federal GI Bill. Learn more here.
- The National Guard Tuition Reimbursement Grant can be used by eligible members of the Army & Air Guard. It pays for tuition used towards obtaining a members first undergraduate degree.
- Learn more & download the application here.
- The VetEd Tuition Reimbursement Grant can be used by eligible veterans of the Armed Forces. It pays for tuition used towards obtaining a members first undergraduate degree.
- Learn more about the program here.
Benefits & Services for OEF/OIF/OND Service Members
VetJobs National Job Board
Veterans National Resource Directory
Download one of the two spreadsheets to figure out what your weekly enrollment level may be. One spreadsheet will help you calculate your weekly eligibility for the Post 9/11 GI Bill Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) and the other will help you calculate your enrollment level for the Montgomery GI Bill Stipend. Simply enter the number of credit hours you plan to take during each summer term and then the calculator will do the rest!
Plan wisely for summer classes and get the most out of your benefits!
* Please realize that the VA is the ultimate authority on credit-levels. These spreadsheets are only our attempt to estimate your enrollment levels.
|Microsoft Excel 2010|
The Higher Education Act (HEA) of 1965, as amended, requires institutions participating in the Title IV financial aid programs to disclose specified information to all current and prospective students and employees. You can find all of that information here.
Phone: (414) 229-6627
Fax: (414) 229-5699
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm
Military Education Benefits Office
University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee
Mellencamp Hall, Room 168A
P.O. Box 469
Milwaukee, WI 53201-0469