An Enrollment Appointment is the first day and time that you’re able to enroll in classes for the next term.
All active students, except new freshmen, are assigned an Enrollment Appointment. Your Enrollment Appointment date and time will appear in your PAWS account roughly one week before enrollment begins. Look in your PAWS Student Center under Enrollment Dates.
New transfer students will receive an Enrollment Appointment once their transfer work posts to their PAWS account. New Freshmen enroll either during New Student Orientation or with their Academic Advisor and do not receive an Enrollment Appointment.
Enrollment Appointments are scheduled in the following order as established by UWM Faculty Policy. Military Service students receive priority through Wisconsin Act 56 (2013).
Students from the following groups enroll in the first enrollment appointment time slot, regardless of career or academic level:
- Honors College
- NCAA (including Dance/Cheer Team)
- Military Service (including ROTC)
- Select Accessibility Resource Center students
Following the priority groups listed above, the enrollment appointments as assigned by career (graduate vs. undergraduate) and academic level within the career.
- Graduate Dissertator & Prelim students
- Degree-Seeking Graduate students
- Non-Degree Graduate students
- Degree-Seeking Seniors
- Degree-Seeking Juniors
- Degree-Seeking Sophomores
- Degree-Seeking Freshmen
- Non-Degree Undergraduate students (including Post-Baccalaureate & Certificate)
- 60+ Auditor students (eligible to enroll the first day of classes)