This spring, we will cover the rental timeline, roommates, finances, leases and rental applications, and move in and move out through our virtual programs, including several virtual tour of homes!
Make sure to complete the most important and necessary step in the rental process by signing up for our online, rental education course, the Preferred Tenant Program. Students who complete the course will receive either $250 off their security deposit or 2% off their monthly rent from participating landlords.
- February 1st – 5th: Determining the Best Environment for You
- February 8th – 12th: Deciding On/Finding Roommates
- February 15th – 19th: Assessing Your Finances
- February 22nd – 26th: Determining Living Space Wants vs. Needs
- March 8th – 26th: Start Actively Searching
- March 29th – April 2nd: Attend Showings and Interview Landlords
- April 5th – 9th: Narrowing Down Your Options
- April 12th – 16th: Obtain a Sample Lease & Have it Reviewed
- April 19th – 23rd: Filling Out the Rental Application
- April 26th – May 7th: Signing Your Lease
- May 10th – May 31st: Moving Out
Engagement Opportunities to Look Out For
- Word Searches
- Mind Maze
- Crossword Puzzle
- “What Kind of Roommate Are You” Quiz
- Monthly Budgeting Tools
- Virtual ‘Tour of Homes’
- YouTube Videos
Make sure you have subscribed to our e-newsletter, the Off-Campus Insider, to stay up to date on all of the spring programming events.
We would like your feedback to help determine how to best fit our programming to your needs. Please consider completing this survey.