All current staff members can be reached at (414) 229-4345.
Max Yela, Special Collections Librarian
- M.S. (LIS), Simmons College
- B.A. in History, University of Massachusetts-Amherst
- Adjunct Associate Lecturer, UWM Department of Art & Design
- Curriculum vita
Alice Ladrick, Library Assistant III
- M.F.A. in Poetry, University of Notre Dame
- M.A. in English (Creative Writing), Miami University
- B.A. in English Literature and Creative Writing, Miami University
Graduate and Undergraduate Interns
Olivia Hickner, Graduate Student Intern
Teddy Lepley III, Graduate Student Intern
Graduate Interns perform important duties in the Special Collections Department. Usually these students are enrolled in UWM’s School of Information Studies, but several of our interns have also come from the Department of Visual Art, the Department of Art History, and the Museum Studies Program.
Past Interns and Graduate Assistants — Where Are They Now?
- Kalani Adolpho – Processing Archivist for Special Collections and Archives, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA.
- Hans Baierl – District Librarian, Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac Campus, Fond du Lac, WI.
- Sophia Baldwin
- Lindsay Barone – Program Evaluator, DNA Learning Center, Cold Spring Harbor, NY.
- Chris Barth – Librarian and Associate Dean, United States Military Academy at West Point, NY.
- Emily Birz
- Shauna Borger Edson – Instructional Design Librarian, University of Wisconsin Parkside, Kenosha, WI.
- Carol Brill – Director (Retired), Alverno College Library, Milwaukee, WI.
- Rebecca Buchmann – Library Assistant, New London Public Library, New London, WI.
- Barbara Bythell – Reference Librarian, Milwaukee Area Technical College, Oak Creek Campus, Oak Creek, WI.
- Eddie Chapman – PhD Candidate in Computer Science, Marquette University.
- Emma Cobb – Head of Reference Services, Verona Public Library, Verona, WI.
- Elizabeth Collins
- Jennifer Clyde – User Experience Designer & Information Architect, Organic, Sanf Francisco, CA.
- Clare Curran
- Molly DeWolff – Reference Librarian, Santa Clara Library, St. George, UT.
- Michael Doylen – Associate Vice Provost & Director of the Libraries, UW-Milwaukee Libraries.
- Morgan Ellsworth – Art Teacher, Tomah Middle School, Tomah, WI.
- Shannon Erb – Audiovisual Archivist, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, Cleveland, OH.
- Gareth Evans – Senior Lecturer, Hutton Honors College, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN.
- Sarah Finn – Archival Projects Librarian, Milwaukee Public Library
- Elizabeth Flaig – Curatorial Department Administrator, Milwaukee Art Museum, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Cameron Fontaine – Sound/Video Recording and Oral History Archivist, Ward Irish Music Archives-Celtic MKE, Wauwatosa, WI
- Roberto Harrison – Librarian, Sacred Heart Seminary and School of Theology and Milwaukee-area poet and publisher.
- Cynthia Heck
- Leslie Heinrichs – Archivist, Marcus Corporation, Milwaukee, WI.
- Cindy Herzog
- Jessie Hsueh – Staff Reporter, Council of Cultural Affairs, Taiwan.
- Ismoon Hunter-Morton – Reference Librarian, Forest Grove City Library and the Multnomah County Library System, Oregon, and Trustee on the Oregon State Library Board of Trustees.
- Karen Jander – Head, Serials Dept., UW-Milwaukee Libraries. Milwaukee, WI.
- Hayley Jackson – College Archivist, Luther College, Decorah, Iowa.
- Elizabeth Kamper – Information Literacy Librarian, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, Edwardsville, IL.
- Alex Keimel – Electronic Resources and Metadata Librarian, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI.
- Claire Kittell – MLIS Candidate, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Amelia Klem Osterud – Branch Manager, Capitol Library, Milwaukee Public Library, Milwaukee, WI.
- Rick Krause – Jazz Musician, Milwaukee, WI.
- Kristine Krueger
- Abby Landers (Von Arx) – Instruction and Electronic Resources Librarian, Viterbo University, Onalaska, WI.
- Charlotte Lange – Adult Reference Librarian Intern, Brown Deer Public Library, Brown Deer, WI.
- Carrie Leatherman – Natural Sciences Librarian, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI.
- Cheryl Loschko – Student Services and Graduate Admissions Coordinator, School of Engineering, UW-Madison, Madison, WI.
- Bobbi-Jean Ludwig – Circulation Supervisor/Librarian, Hedberg Library, Carthage College, Kenosha, WI.
- Megan Manor
- Anna Michelle Martinez-Montavon – Instructional Design Librarian, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana.
- Donna McCrea – Head of Archives & Special Collections and Associate Professor, Mansfield Library, University of Montana-Missoula, Missoula, MT.
- Sarah McDaniel – Director of Teaching & Learning, Western Libraries at Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA.
- Sue Mobley – Assistant Director, Reedsburg Public Library, Reedsburg, WI.
- Nina Morris – China Institute Officer, University of Birmingham, England.
- Lena Negley
- Alison Newman – Administrative Assistant, Siena Retreat Center, Racine, WI.
- Amber Norkett – Systems Analyst/Technology Coordinator, School Sisters of Notre Dame.
- Brian Novak, Librarian, Science and Technology Dept., St. Louis Public Library, St. Louis, MO.
- Anne Quinn
- Michael Roberts – Milwaukee-area poet, deceased 2010.
- Marc Sanders – Independent Consultant/Book Buyer, Milwaukee, WI.
- Youngchul Shin – Curatorial Assistant, Buk-Seoul Museum of Art, Seoul, South Korea.
- Rebecca Steffens – Technical Training Specialist, Federal Reserve Board, Washington, DC.
- Jennifer Stevenson – Chief Records Officer, University of Wisconsin Extension/University of Wisconsin Colleges, and Archivist, Archdiocese of Milwaukee, St. Francis, WI.
- Katie Stollenwerk – Historian, SNA International/DPAA, Alexandria, VA.
- Hailey Strickon
- Cindy Taylor – Independent Artist, Milwaukee, WI.
- Nancy Thomadsen – Librarian, Severson Center, Alliance for Children and Families, Milwaukee, WI.
- Emily Voss – Outreach and Academic Engagement Librarian, Wesleyan University, Middletown, CT.
- Lee Wagner – Librarian, Gateway Technical College, Kenosha, WI.
- Kathryn Weisbeck – Circulation Supervisor, Hartland Public Library, Hartland, WI.
- Jun Wilkinson