Special Collections Librarian / Interim Head of Archives
Special Collections / Archives
- Art & Design
- Art History
- Head of Special Collections
- Special Collections Instruction Services
- Special Collections Research and Reference Services
- Public Programs and Exhibitions
- Collection Development and Management for Special Collections
- Special Collections Student Assistant, Intern, and Fieldwork Programs
- Master of Science, Information and Library Science – Simmons College
- Bachelor of Arts, History (minors in Art History and Classical Civilizations) – University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- College Book Art Association
- Panelist, “Evolving Practices in the Presentation and Care of Contemporary Photography,” Milwaukee Art Museum, February 3, 2011.
- Lecturer, “Artists Books as Expression, Documentation, and Pedagogy,” Carleton College, Northfield, Minnesota, November 3, 2009.
- Chair and Panelist, “Artists Books and Pedagogy in the K-12 Classroom,” 2009 Wisconsin Art Educators Association Annual Conference, Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design, October 29, 2009.
- Lecturer, “Why Rare Books? A Discussion of the Continued Importance of Rare Books in a Digital Age,” Milwaukee Public Library as the inaugural presentation in the Richard E. and Lucile Krug Rare Book Room Educational Series, April 19 & 23, 2006.
- Panelist, “Virtue and Vandalism: The Ethics of Breaking Books,” Newberry Library, Chicago, co-sponsored by the Caxton Club, May 20, 2005.
- Caren Heft: The Arcadian Press; Giving Voice. [Stevens Point, Wis.]: Noel Fine Arts Center, Dept. of Art & Design, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, .
- La Bendición. Artist’s book designed and printed by Caren Heft. Stevens Point, Wis.: Arcadian Press, 2009.
- 5th International Book & Paper Arts Triennial, July 25-September 12, 2008. Chicago: Columbia College Chicago Center for Book & Paper Arts, 2008.
- The Shape and Color of Research, An exhibition of new artwork based on research in Special Collections . . . . Milwaukee, Wis.: UWM Libraries, 2002.
- Contemporary Artists’ Prints in Books. Newark, Del.: University of Delaware Library, 1994.
UWM Department of Art & Design
- Book Arts Concepts
- Book Arts Survey
- Independent Reading & Research
UWM School of Information Studies
- History of Books & Printing
- Books, Culture, and Change
- Media Theory
- The Book as Media Object
- The Book as Art Medium
- Print/Digital Relationships
- Book and Publishing History