The Collection & Resource Management Division is where the behind-the-scenes magic happens. We work in partnership with librarians and faculty liaisons to select, acquire, describe, preserve, and provide access to physical and electronic resources. We’re here to support teaching, learning, and research at UWM.
Cataloging & Metadata
- Cataloging and classification for all UWM Libraries
- Distinctive collections
- UWM-Waukesha Library
- UWM-Washington County Library
- Physical resource management
- Donated materials management
- Preservation referrals
- Deaccessioning and transfers
- Collection budget management
- Electronic resource management
- Physical processing and preservation
Collection Development Policies
Information and Services
Recommend an item for purchase
We welcome purchase recommendations from UWM faculty, staff and students. There are three ways to recommend an item for purchase:
- Fill out the web purchase recommendation form
- Send an email to email@example.com with as much information about the item (title, author, publisher, ISBN/ISSN, etc.) as possible
- Send publisher’s catalog or other announcement by mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request to be notified when an ordered item is received
If you would like to be notified when materials that you have recommended for purchase are available, please specify that in your request. Be sure to include your name and contact information in the notes field of the purchase recommendation form.
Internship and fieldwork opportunities
Internship opportunities may be available to graduate students in the School of Information Studies degree programs.
Fieldwork opportunities may be available to students in the Information Organization Concentration. These are unpaid 3 credit fieldwork placements, completed during an academic semester and approved by the IO Concentration Coordinator.
For information about current openings, see Employment Opportunities.
Report errors in Search@UW
The metadata in Search@UW comes from a variety of sources, and not all metadata is reviewed by a librarian. We appreciate receiving error reports about the content of catalog records, such as misspellings, incorrect titles, incorrect names, imprecise or outdated subjects, or inaccurate classification numbers. Send reports to email@example.com.
For technical and navigation problems with Search@UW, send comments to Ask a Librarian.