UWM is a governmental body subject to the Wisconsin Open Meetings Law. Below are helpful links to understanding the application of the Wisconsin Open Meetings Law to UWM meetings.
- UW System Overview of the Wisconsin Open Meetings Law and FAQs
- Wisconsin Open Meetings Law (Wis. Stat. §§ 19.81-98)
- Wisconsin Attorney General’s Open Meetings Law Compliance Guide (2018) (PDF)
UWM’s Secretary of the University’s Office shares notices of UWM meetings and instructions for filing a notice for a UWM meeting.
Additional Guidance on Virtual Meetings and COVID-19
Given that the majority of UWM employees are working remotely for the time being, UW System has developed guidance [PDF] on complying with the Wisconsin Open Meetings Law when meeting virtually.
Public Records and Records Retention
As a state agency, UWM is subject to the Wisconsin Public Records Law and laws providing for the retention of state records. The links below provide helpful background information on both topics.
- UW System Overview
- Wis. Stats. §§ 19.21-19.39
- UWM Public Records Requests Information
- UWM Policy on Public Records Access (SAAP 45) (PDF)
- Wisconsin Department of Justice Public Records Law Compliance Guide 2018 (PDF)