The Disruptive Technologies Lab at the School of Information Studies is a hub for research, innovation and collaboration on digital disruption technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), blockchain technologies and the Internet of Things.
Education & Innovation
The SOIS Disruptive Technologies Lab is an innovative space for learning and experimentation. Both onsite and online students can explore technology and digital environments driving the next stage of communication services, digital platforms, blockchain, Internet of Things (IoT) and artificial intelligence. Activities include:
- Seminars, workshops, bootcamps, hackathons on a variety of disruptive technologies.
- On-site and virtual lab environment
- Interdisciplinary courses
Research & Collaboration
The SOIS Disruptive Technologies Lab supports the emergent regional technology ecosystem. As a hub for collaboration and innovation, the lab will provide an environment for research and collaboration. The Disruptive Technologies Lab welcomes
formal and informal collaborations with other scholars, institutions, and agencies.
Disruptive Technologies Blogs
- Matthew Friedel – Wisconsin Public Radio Interview: The Rise of Artificial Intelligence
- Disruptive Technologies Lab aims to help fill tech job demand
- In the News: Matt Friedel Appears in CBS58 Special Report: What’s Killing Your Battery?
- Matt Friedel Teams Up With Local Schools For Hour of Code Presentations
- With new technology in hand, UWM students build school’s own cryptocurrency