UWM’s School of Information Studies (SOIS) is committed to shaping the future of library science and information technology by improving the world through innovation and inquiry, connecting humans to the information they use every day.
Our mission is to educate the next generation of library science and information technology professionals by offering a rigorous curriculum that fosters professional knowledge, skills and experiential practice, ethics, critical inquiry and leadership to address the needs of our diverse and global information society. SOIS graduates are prepared not only for the current information and technology services landscape but also for future-ready careers and as-yet-undiscovered environments.
- Min Sook Park, Hyerin Bak, and colleagues receive ASIS&T best poster awardThe poster titled, "Measuring Citizen’s Perceptions of AI Adoption for Instrumental and Value-Added Tasks" authored by SOIS Professor Min Sook Park and SOIS Teaching Faculty Hyerin Bak along with colleagues Hyejin Park from Florida State University and Hyejin Kim from … Read more
- SOIS Teaching Faculty Member Receives Award at UWM Military & Veterans BallTeaching faculty member J. Dietenberger received the inaugural Community Partnership, Service & Academic Excellence Award at the Military and Veteran’s Ball on Friday, Nov. 3. The annual event, hosted by UW-Milwaukee’s Military and Veterans Resource Center (MAVRC), drew 200+ people … Read more
- High school students to learn about tech opportunitiesAn estimated 125 high school students from Milwaukee Public Schools are set to arrive at UWM on Wednesday, … Read more
- Library Journal honors SOIS alum for community contributionsThe Library Journal recently named SOIS alum Jamar Rahming (MLIS ’08) one of its 2023 Movers & Shakers … Read more
- In the News: Rex Academy partners with UW-MilwaukeeMilwaukee-based Rex Academy is leading the way in providing accessible STEM education. The company has created a partnership with University of … Read more
- Dec11December 11, 2023, 12:00pm - 12:45pm
- Dec12December 12, 2023, 9:00am - 10:30am
- Dec15December 15, 2023, 5:30pm - 8:00pm
- Jan20January 20, 2024, 9:00am - 12:30pm
Whether you are a recent graduate just starting your career or an alum looking for a change, the School of Information Studies is committed to supporting students and alumni throughout their careers.
Alumni & Giving
SOIS alums make a significant impact in the information profession locally, nationally and internationally. We invite alumni and friends to join us in supporting the next generation of information professionals.
Our MLIS program is accredited by the American Library Association and is ranked in the top 15 LIS programs in the nation by U.S. News and World Report!
As a proud member of the iSchools organization, we share an interest in the relationships between information, people and technology and are dedicated to advancing the information field.