Creating Positive Employee Experiences for Organizational Success…
for this year, next year and in 2030 and beyond.
At UWM, we are committed to creating positive employee experiences so all UWM Panther team members are able to thrive and excel in their roles. The valuable work of our staff and faculty drives our organization’s success, so supporting the success of teams and individuals throughout UWM is very important to us.
Organizational Development helps organizations become positioned to achieve success, and creating a positive Employee Experience is critical to any organization’s success, as it is the driver of Culture and Engagement. Together, these two elements enable our staff and faculty to work towards achieving successful outcomes for schools, colleges, divisions and for UWM overall…for this year, next year and in 2030 and beyond.
To see a brief overview of how Employee Experience, Culture and Engagement drives organizational success, please view the Rowing Together Towards 2030 presentation.
Organizational Development resources are now available to assist and support leaders throughout UWM. Positive staff and faculty experiences, a renowned culture, and high engagement will position our workforce to achieve many great successes here at UWM for a strong and sustainable future.
By clicking on topic areas below in the My UWM Employee Experience model, leaders will discover presentations, insights and resources to support efforts in creating and fostering positive staff and faculty employee experiences here at UWM.
For customized support and solutions, leaders may contact Stephanie Todd, Employee Experience/Engagement & Organizational Development Manager at:
My UWM Employee Experience
Experiences employees have with carrying out their work.
- Onboarding (new hire paperwork, orientation, job training and mentorship)
- Technology and Tools
- Manager Interactions
- Communication (information to do my work)
- Work Alignment and Fulfillment
- Talent / Professional Development (knowledge and skill set learning)
- Performance Feedback
- Trust (empowerment
Experiences employees have with how their employment impacts their life.
- Work/Life Balance (amount of time spent on each part of life)
- Stress Level/Expectations
(EAP, financial, UWM gym and library access, flu shot clinics)
- Flexibility (work schedule and hybrid / remote working)
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
Experiences employees have with their work environment.
- Safety and Security
- Workstation/Tools/Materials and Ergonomics (computer, chair, desk, work tools and materials)
- Location of Workspace
- Lighting, Noise, Temperature and Cleanliness
- Ease of Access to Food, Beverage and Lavatory
- Parking and Transportation (alignment to work schedule, cost and walking distance)
Additional topics in the My UWM Employee Experience model are currently under development.
Please check back soon for additional resources to support your leadership efforts.
Please Note: Access to some resources on this site will require UWM Microsoft 365 authentication.